roadking

Golf Cart

We have been thinking about getting a golf cart to have at large campgrounds, is there a nickels worth of difference in them. Looking at electric. 

Roadking,

I have a cart that I use at many different venues. RV Parks where we are long distances from a to z. I always take it when we go to chapter rallies, Six-State Rallies and Nationals. 

If you are looking for a cart you might try Craigslist in your area. I would suggest looking for an Ezgo RXV 48 volt. Look for a 4 passenger with lights. You should be able to find a good cart for around $3,000.00. Be sure that the batteries are less then 2 years old.

Also an added bonus of having the cart is when we are home all the grand kids love to drive and ride on it around the farm. It is also a good way for them to learn to drive.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Herman 

One thing to consider about a golf cart is how are you going to haul it? If you are towing a vehicle already, if it is a pickup truck, then the cart can simply be put in the truck bed. But if the toad is an automobile, how can you get it there. I have a miniature golf cart that I carry. It weighs 308# batteries included, small but will carry two adults and two half grown very easily. It uses three wheel chair batteries (36) volts and works very well. I modified my tow dolly "made a tandem tow" to carry the cart and my toad on the one unit. The cart will travel through a park or wherever at 14 MPH. Mine is street legal and I applied for and got a low speed vehicle tag, just for those parks that will not allow a golf cart to be used. 

If you have a DW, she can drive the car or coach and GC can be on a light weight trailer.  I have seen GC's on a Hydro lift and SUV being towed by coach.  I know of the one that Kay has and it's a slick unit, but I prefer a 48V and full size.  Since I don't have a Pick Up or a DW, I just rent one at the Rally. 

Had one, modified it to run 28 mph (electric), then it wouldn't stop :o added front brakes, radio, dash lights, turn signals, tires, wheels, lift kit, full roof, windshield, it became an addiction. Next was the matching enclosed trailer decaled to match our last coach. I sold all of it when we bought the wrangler, its only a little bigger than the golf cart :lol: and I can drive it anywhere. I'm like Tim the tool man Taylor, always doing something to make it go faster.

In 08', I bought one like that, came with mud tires and now lives in Gladewater, TX.  We sneak up on Deer and Pigs, works real good against the hogs!  We go, where they go..:P 

Look at Rick's Specialty Vehicles http://www.ricksesv.com/

I bought a golf card from them at the Six State Rally.  It can actually fit in suv.  I had an Chevrolet Equinox at the time and before I bought it had him put it in the Equinox. 

We then added the roof and all the extras which can still be easily removed but I ended up buying a new 2016 Chevrolet Colorado. Now I place the golf cart in the truck bed and pull the truck with the motorhome.

We love the golf cart.  It will haul four people or you can flip the back seat and make it into a cargo carrying area. 

Jaime

They sold a lot of them at the Perry Rally.  But, you can't just eye ball your SUV and buy one, saw what happened when it did not fit all the way in!  Not pretty...

We have had a Cricket 24 volt for about 6 or 7 years.  Ours was the first Resort Model that Rick's sold.  It has a hard top which is not available anymore.  We carry it in our Chevrolet Equinox.  I will fit in a late model Chevrolet HHR, also.  We use to carry it in a Pontiac Vibe.  You have to remove some parts, collapse the length (it telescopes) and run it up ramps into the auto.  The motor is the brake; therefore, you don't need to tie it down.  I did replace batteries last year because the power cord became unplugged over the winter.  The batteries were almost zero volts.  They did recharge, but didn't want to trust it.  The charger has a separate charge circuit for each battery, and you can leave it on charge all the time.  The charger will charge to full and keep it topped off as needed.  The difference between my 24 volt and the new 36 volt is about 10 to 12 % increase in speed.  My top speed is 8 mph.

Well mine is a 36 volt Kangacruz Aspire, collapses so it will fit into most suv's, but I chose to haul it on the tandem tow dolly. I ordered it from Canada and it has served me well. Top speed is 17 kilometers, about 14 mph, it comes completely street legal with the exception of seat belts which I added so that I now have it tagged as a LSV.

Kay.  I remember when you got it and I looked at it for a long time...still in the back of my mind, I just don't have a use for one, except 1 or 2 times a year.