Hi guys.  I'm guessing it's the AC Ducts that are leaving bits of aluminum in all my vents.  Some half inch and some up to 5" x 3".  Any ideas is very welcome...I see a distinct possibility that this fix will be high dollar ! :(:o

Carl 

1 hour ago, Manholt said:

Hi guys.  I'm guessing it's the AC Ducts that are leaving bits of aluminum in all my vents.  Some half inch and some up to 5" x 3".  Any ideas is very welcome...I see a distinct possibility that this fix will be high dollar ! :(:o

Carl 

Carl, Sounds like a material break down issue. The Aluminum ID surface might have been compromised by water condensing between the outer layer / insulation and the inner layer. About the only way to conform what is going on would be to get a video inspection camera and take a look inside the duct-work by removing one of the outlet vents and taking some pictures. Does the material look like mylar or aluminum?

Got to admit it does not sound good. (Material supplied by the lowest bidder) Mylar has a limited life before it starts to break down, aluminum would react to water over a much longer period of time.

Rich.   

Rich.  Aluminum, I think.  It's dull blackish on one side and shimmering silver on other...how would insulation get into Duct?

Carl

Carl, I have seen duct work that was made of a card board type of material with foil insulation on the inside. I know it is light weight and the insulation might be peeling off on the inside.

Herman 

4 hours ago, Manholt said:

Rich.  Aluminum, I think.  It's dull blackish on one side and shimmering silver on other...how would insulation get into Duct?

Carl

Herman, mentioned cardboard to add some body to the duct work.

The ducts need some material to keep them stiff enough to remain open - outside layer, then some material(often some isolating material) and then an inside layer.

When you handle the material - does it wrinkle like aluminum or is it kind of flexible( bend and spring back), might crumble into smaller pieces. That would tend to indicate Mylar or similar type of synthetic material. and it could be shiny on one side and dark colored on the other.

Hard to be a long distance chemist ! 

Rich.   

If it entails, tearing the celling apart...trade in comes to mind !  When it comes to vents, I liked the snap inns that I had on the Allegro Bus!  Mine are screw in now...still paint on them, never been off...I don't even like that part, like how do you clean the filters?  Ugh.

Carl

12 hours ago, Manholt said:

If it entails, tearing the celling apart...trade in comes to mind !  When it comes to vents, I liked the snap inns that I had on the Allegro Bus!  Mine are screw in now...still paint on them, never been off...I don't even like that part, like how do you clean the filters?  Ugh.

Carl

Same here, mine are metal with screws also. My filters are so simple to access. Easier than our old coach. 

Carl, have you talked to the AC tech line folks?  They have seen and/or heard just about everything and might have some suggestions.

Hi, FIVE. Not yet.  I'll be at TCC Thursday am for a new front windshield, I'll ask them to take a look at it.  There are 2 OP's on this, the other is in Electrical...different suggestions there and the one I'm leaning towards is the deterioration of the tape at the register or registers!  I'm currently in Ruidoso, NM...there is nothing here, in regards to RV's!

Happy you got your "Magnum" fixed ! :D

Carl

11 hours ago, Manholt said:

Happy you got your "Magnum" fixed ! :D

Carl

Thanks, me too!!

We have long time friends, who are also MH friends, who say a MH is in one of three conditions, not in any particular order:

-  It's broken.

-  You just fixed it.

-  It's getting ready to break again.

On July 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM, FIVE said:

Thanks, me too!!

We have long time friends, who are also MH friends, who say a MH is in one of three conditions, not in any particular order:

-  It's broken.

-  You just fixed it.

-  It's getting ready to break again.

That's priceless :lol::lol::lol:

I have a 4th " I really don't like that can you change that? I was think something like this" :o

Never ending on a house on wheels !  I hate it when my list is all checked off...you know something else will go down. :rolleyes:

Carl,

I always leave one item on the coach to do list. That way if I am not finished then nothing else will need attention.  And if you believe that I have some "Ocean Front Property in Arizona, that from the front porch you can see the sea".:rolleyes:

Herman

1 minute ago, hermanmullins said:

Carl,

I always leave one item on the coach to do list. That way if I am not finished then nothing else will need attention.  And if you believe that I have some "Ocean Front Property in Arizona, that from the front porch you can see the sea".:rolleyes:

Herman

I love that song :wub: