obedb

Locked Out Of FMCA Website Today

Could not log on this afternoon and evening for several hours. Could log onto any other website I chose. Message was too many redirects. It seems to me that the FMCA website is not rocket science at it's best. I have more trouble here than anywhere else logging onto a site. Did hard resets ( iPad ). Cold restarts. To no avail. I belong to FMCA for one benefit. The ability to exchange helpful ideas and chat with participating members. The magazine is marginal compared to years ago FMCA 105607. Been there. I need no other benefits. Just the website. Am I asking for too much? A website that is dependable?

Byron,

You might contact Todd Moning at FMCA tomorrow.

I did not experience any such lock out, but I was out much of the afternoon.

And, there has been a pretty steady stream of posts today:  http://community.fmca.com/discover/

Wonder if it was an FMCA issue or issue with your provider?  That is why I suggest contacting Todd-- past my pay grade.

I had a problem reaching the website this afternoon.  I got the same message of "Too many redirects".  Thought it might be Mozilla Firefox but everything else seemed to work fine.  Just ignored it and took care of other business.

The "Too many Redirects" is caused at the users end in 99% of the cases. In most cases deleting cache and cookies will help in the issue but not always. I would try running an anti malware program on the computer, https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/, is the one that I use most often, the one referenced is a free version, there are paid versions also. Also, I find many times that toolbars have been added, most of the time unknowingly by the end user.  I'm not a Macintosh guru so can't help there, but Window's users can go to controlpanel, add/remove programs and remove any programs that reference a tool bar, I have to use this method many times in any given week. Toolbars is the most common cause of redirects.

You can also call FMCA and get Ext. 312, ask for Mike.  He's walked me thru 2 times now.  He explained that there was a cookie on the program back in August, now no problems, except for yesterday.  I had it a half dozen times, then I just backed out and re entered and it worked each time.

Carl 

Wayne.  I know, it's a slow day on Forum!  Grrrr..:ph34r: Peanut butter & Chocolate with just a pinch of Habanero! :rolleyes:

Go beat your cat with your dog...:lol:

Carl

I have experienced a few issues, here they are.

1. you type a response, click "submit reply" and its gone, cannot view it or locate your response, or the screen reverts back to the Forum home page.
  2. The notifications "bell" and "envelope" in the upper corner; if you receive a PM, you get two notifications, one on the bell and one on the envelope, once you open the envelope the bell remains with a 1, until you click it and read it twice. This works the opposite on a notification, when you have.... lets say Five notifications, you open the first one and it marks all of them all as read and the other Four notifications are no longer highlighted as if you have read them, when you didn't click on them.

These have happened on a Windows PC and Apple product, neither acted different, same concerns. I tried to open the Forum on Google Chrome just to see if it would respond better and it made no difference.

Also, all of the "Recent Posts" are highlighted as if I didn't read them already when I just did, now when I click on them to open the link, they remain highlighted. Minor problem but non the less there is something wrong.

Thank you,

I keep getting, fmca took to long to respond, I'm on Forum...not my connection problem.  I'm not on WiFi, I'm on a International encrypted line, no one but me can use this line!  FMCA something is not right on your end...I get the same message about 1 of 4 times, when I go to FMCA.com!

Carl

Carl, try setting your primary DNS to Google (8.8.8.8), by far the fastest dns in most areas, you might see a noticable difference.

Problem Solved...I was using Google Chrome on my 2010 Toshiba Lap Top.  Got rid of Chrome and back on Explorer.  No more issues, everything is back to normal.:wub:

Carl 

I use Google Chrome exclusively for the FMCA forum, only one that I haven't had a problem with.;)Wayne, are you kidding, Carl hold his mouth?:lol:DUH!