michaelhillhouse

Need Info From Any Six State Wagon Master

As the Wagon master with the Red River Rovers I am having trouble finding RV Parks that will reserve 35 to 40 Sites for a future rally . We have the problem that we have grown too large and I need any suggestions as to Parks that will have room for 35 to 40+ sites for future Rallies in the Six State Area .

You can contact me by email @ michaelhillhouse@msn.com so we don't take up too much space on the forum.

I would appreciate and help from Current or former Wagon Master or anyone who could help , Six State consists of TX, AR , LA, KS , MO , OK   

Regards 

Michael

Jim. 

Read the last line again! :rolleyes::o

Michael.  The only one's I can think of right now,  is Skyline Ranch in Bandera, TX,  Also a possibility, would be Tyler Oaks, in Tyler, TX. and Antique Capital in  Gladewater, TX. and maybe The Plantation in Lafayette, LA.

Hope it helps

Carl

Capt. of Golf, Six State

Don't know how far a field you want to go....Pioneer RV in Port A. does do big rally's.  Since we now have 2,000+ spaces on Galveston Island.  Not home, I'm in Ruidoso, NM. so I can't give you names, but we got a couple that are 400+!

Carl

Carl,

Thanks for the suggestions. Although sites with hookups is a very good thing there are a numbers of other things that need to be considered. We need space to seat 700 to 800 people for entertainment, space for 60 to 80 Vendors, 7 to 10 spaces for seminars plus space to feed breakfast and hold the ice cream social with the Chapter Fair. Also the cost per site per day is very important.

If a location meet these requirements we would be more than happy to have the Site Selection Committee go and make a visit.

One of the goals of our current Executive Board is to get the Rally cost down.

Thanks for your insights.

Herman Mullins

SCA SRA Southern Region Vice President 

I forgot about that one...been there with a Shriner group of 54, that was 2011.  There is also, Canton RV park, TX. 

Carl

Micheal,

As Carl mentioned, Canton Civic Center. They have enough full hookups for a Six-State rally minus the Seminar rooms. Lone Star has held many rallies there. However the last time I checked they had leased out the concession room (kitchen) there and it could not be used. 

One thing folks don't know about Canton is that although the city does own the Civic Center and a lot of the RV parking, most of the buildings and sheds are owned by Carl Lewis and not the city.

I have heard that there is the Waco Fair grounds (I believe that is what it is called) in Waco. I understand they have spaces and at least one meeting room. Also there is Coffee Creek in Santos. It is just off I-20 1/4 mile north on Hwy 271. (Weatherford/Mineral Wells area) Lots of hook ups and 2 meeting rooms with kitchens. Call because I understand they have been sold and have new management.

It is wonderful that the RRR's continue to grow, as they have. However that begins to limit where to have a Rally. 

If you find any other locations let us know.

Herman

One outher place to look in the Conroe area is The Lone Star Convention & Expo Center, 

9055 Airport Rd, Conroe, TX 77303, thelonestar.org, (936) 538-8000.

We have been at the the Lake Conroe KOA and agree it is a nice facility.

We will be here in a couple of days. Oasis RV Resort, 2715 Arnot Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124

myrvoasis.com, (806) 356-8408. They claim to have 147 pull throughs and a meeting room. 

Bill

On 3/14/2017 at 6:11 PM, michaelhillhouse said:

As the Wagon master with the Red River Rovers I am having trouble finding RV Parks that will reserve 35 to 40 Sites for a future rally . We have the problem that we have grown too large and I need any suggestions as to Parks that will have room for 35 to 40+ sites for future Rallies in the Six State Area .

You can contact me by email @ michaelhillhouse@msn.com so we don't take up too much space on the forum.

I would appreciate and help from Current or former Wagon Master or anyone who could help , Six State consists of TX, AR , LA, KS , MO , OK   

Regards 

Michael

You might try Braunig Lake RV Resort at Elmendorf (just south of San Antonio).

http://mobi.brauniglakervresort.com/#home

or

Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, Texas.

http://www.buckhornlake.com/

Micheal,

For some reason there are a lot more RV parks in the Hill Country than most other parts of the state that can handle larger groups of Motor Homes. I have heard of some chapters holding Rallies in Texarkana, AR. The Four States Fair Grounds has a circle that has 64 full hook ups. 32 30 amp and 32 50 amps. There has been changes in management so a call to Brent would be helpful.  870-773-2941

Herman

It may be a bit too far for the Red River Rovers, but the Cajun Palms RV Resort near Henderson, Louisiana (between Lafayette and Baton Rouge) is a large park that with enough notice may accommodate a rally.  This past February my wife and I enjoyed a long four day weekend immediately ahead of Mardi Gras (we had to leave on the Monday before Mardi Gras as I had to be back at work on Fat Tuesday of all days!!).   Cajun Palms RV Resort has amenities for all ages including a nice water park with swim-up bar, sand volleyball, miniature golf, large meeting rooms, arcade area, nice exercise room, etc. that would be great mid-May through October.   Swamp boat trips, Cajun food and shopping in Breaux Bridge, Avery Island (Tabasco) tour, Acadian Village tour in Lafayette (especially at Christmas time!!) are all examples of outings that rally attendees would enjoy (if your group doesn't just meet for card games and pot luck meals!).  Mardis Gras weekend parades and activities in Lafayette were very enjoyable as was the Saturday evening Mardi Gras party at the Cajun Palms RV resort.    Cajun Country is great place to visit and have fun especially for those who have never visited south Louisiana.

Here is the link to the Cajun Palms RV Resort website --> http://www.cajunpalms.com/index.php?id=1

Hope this helps!