rfsod48

Maxxforce Engine

Looks like to satisfy our needs we are looking at either Newmar Dutch Star / Mountain Aire 2005 to 2007 or Fleetwood Revolution 40 LE of the same years. I am inclined to the Newmars because of the engine and chassis they use. Any further recommendations you can all offer would be appreciated. 

Roland 

Joe,

One of the Newmars I am lookig at has a build date of 2005 in March, could that possibly mean that the engine would be a 2004? How would that fare with the pollution additions?

5 minutes ago, rfsod48 said:

Joe,

One of the Newmars I am lookig at has a build date of 2005 in March, could that possibly mean that the engine would be a 2004? How would that fare with the pollution additions?

The build date of the ENGINE dictates the emission codes it must meet.

So, very likely a coach built 3/05 has an engine built before 1/1/04.  But, from the engine serial number, VERY easy to tell.

Just give the engine manufacturer a call with the engine serial number. Assume Cummins, so: Cummins 800 343-7357.

Roland.

Any engine pre 2007 is good!  EPA re-generation became effective 07...DEP became effective 2010.

Go Newmar, you got my Vote!

Carl

Thanks Brett, the unit is located in Cleveland Tx. If I would go this way would this be in the area that you could evaluate for me?

Roland

Thanks Carl,

I am going to find out tomorrow but I think all 3 engines will be pre 2007:D. Since they all are out of state it will involve some travel on my part but worth it to get a good coach that fits our needs.

Roland

Hope it all works for you and you get a coach that will serve the needs for your son and that of you and the DW...got to keep that one happy! :D

Carl

On 3/16/2017 at 8:04 AM, hermanmullins said:

I believe the Maxxforce engine is the same one used in the International Trucks. International Trucks are made and sold most everyday all over the country. I have two friends that both have Monaco's Made by Navistar with Maxxforce engines and each have said they find no issues with the engines. One has had many problems with their coach while the other has had very few.

I personally love the Monaco product but would not consider purchasing one made after 2008.

Herman 

Hello Herman,

I know the subject is an old post of yours, but what are the reasons you wouldn't buy a Monaco coach made after 2008?

Thanks in advance - Steve