aztec7fan

Idea For FMCA Revenue Enhancement

I know one reason we are considering allowing towables into FMCA is because the cost of the FMCAssist benefit has been going up, and there have been more than expected claims for this benefit.

Why doesn't FMCA make just this benefit available to non-members, to anyone who is willing to pay to purchase it?

Let's assume a price of $60.00/year, which makes it competitive with Good Sam's Travelers Assistance.  If you are a paid member of FMCA with a qualifying coach (assuming we don't allow towables), then FMCAssist is a free benifit, otherwise, non members can purchase it as well and get some info on FMCA, if they get a qualifying coach in the future.

FMCAssist has more features than Good Sams program, so I think it would be popular.  Plus, the Good Sam program only covers one person at $59.99, and two people at $69.99.

http://www.goodsamtravelassist.com/default.aspx

Just a thought,

Chris G.

F3508s

FMCAssist is one of the greatest benefits that enables recruiting new members. Plus it is for me to have the assurance that it provides. An equivalent insurance ( Good Sam is not insurance) policy for a couple would be $110 to $129 per year. There are policies out there that exceed $500 per year. Also, FMCA is a not for profit social organization which prevents FMCA selling to non-members. 

Chris, I like your train of thought providing an Idea for FMCA Revenue Enhancement.  I am not certain that trying to market FMCAssist outside of the membership is the way to go as unlike GS which basically self insures all of their products FMCA has to purchase the plan from an outside vendor which means anyone can always cut out the middle man (FMCA)) and get it cheaper.   But I am sure there are other ways to provide the FMCA with a viable Revenue Enhancement.   We (FMCA) have one thing going for us is that the membership comes from diverse backgrounds ranging from captains of industry to public servants.  If we all took a few minutes to post a suggestion sort like a online "suggestion box" we could provide ideas for solutions to many of the FMCA issues.  I am not advocating the tail wag the dog as we have elected officers and representatives however sometimes using the "chain of command" via the directors, chapters, etc. by the time the suggestion runs the course it is not nearly the same as it was first suggested or it is simply too late.  A public post where the executive director, elected officers and directors can see the suggestion may be helpful to the organization.   Perhaps if viable ideas are posted then one day the President, Executive Director or main office might create a monthly post with a problem for members to provide ideas for solving it.  

I haven't found any language about age of coach. I personally know of  a coach being returned that was over 10 years old. Here is what it says in that section.

5. Vehicle return (limited to trips in North America only)
Should the member, due to a medical condition, be unable to drive his/her vehicle back to his/her permanent primary residence within the United States, Mexico, or Canada, Seven Corners will arrange and pay to have a designated service return the vehicle to the member’s home, provided:

a) The member has been transported under either the “emergency medical evacuation/repatriation” or “return of mortal remains” benefits; and
 no one in the member’s traveling party is capable of driving, or proficient and competent to drive, the member’s vehicle. The vehicle must be in good condition and capable of being safely driven on the highway in compliance with local laws.

The insurance plan will also cover the return of any additional vehicle that is legally hitched to their vehicle at the time of the “emergency medical evacuation/repatriation” or “return of mortal remains” to the destination of the pulling vehicle.

The member will be responsible for any costs incurred during the return of the vehicle to maintain the safe operation of the vehicle.

Alternatively, the member may choose to have his or her vehicle returned by a friend or family member. In such instance, and provided the return has been approved by Seven Corners and the vehicle is returned directly and expediently to the member’s permanent primary residence within the United States, Mexico, or Canada, Seven Corners will arrange and pay for transportation of that person to the location of the vehicle, and will also reimburse the member for gas and tolls during the return. In addition, the plan will provide a $100-per-day benefit, up to a maximum of five days for incidental expenses while driving. In no event shall the total expenses of a vehicle return exceed $5,000 for all expenses associated with the vehicle return.

Seven Corners must arrange and approve the vehicle return. If the member chooses to have a friend or family member perform the vehicle return, Seven Corners will not pay more than what it would have cost to have the company arrange the vehicle return.

The maximum amount of this benefit is $5,000.

Bill

Wildbill. About 6 months ago maybe more, the announcement was made that the Transport companies will no longer drive back MotorCoachs older than 10 years, because they were having too many breakdowns. 

7 hours ago, rossboyer said:

Wildbill. About 6 months ago maybe more, the announcement was made that the Transport companies will no longer drive back MotorCoachs older than 10 years, because they were having too many breakdowns. 

That's too bad.  Back in 1978, at the Soux Falls, SD convention, my father was hospitalized for an extended period of time. Two families (bud Stone was one), drove my dad's 1957 Fitzjohn bus back to Denver and expertly parked it in its storage spot, and made sure us kids returned home safely.

I guess we would be out of luck now, and I guess my kids now would be out of luck in a similar situation since I drive a 1989 southwind.

😣

Chris Guenther

F3508s

Chris and Bill,

While it is true that Seven Corners will not have a commercial transport company drive your coach home, they do cover the expense to return the coach to your home up to $5,000.00. Yes it is more difficult then them handling to return it is still covered monetarily.

This is one benefit that I hope neither of you will ever need.

Chris it is great to see that you are carrying on with the tradition you family started (F3508S)

Herman 

After not seeing any great reviews of FMCA towing service I got worried and got Good Sams offer of 69.99 first time special and they offered a package that sounds like assist but only 30.00 a year. 

Seven Corners has found a couple companies that will transport coaches older than 10 years. That was one of the big complaints that members had regarding FMCAssist, and Seven Corners stepped up and found a solution. 

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Seven Corners has found a couple companies that will transport coaches older than 10 years. That was one of the big complaints that members had regarding FMCAssist, and Seven Corners stepped up and found a solution. 

So you are saying they do transport coaches older than 10 years.

Bill

Thanks Chris for giving an update regarding motor coach return. I wasn't able to get to the FMCAssist seminar/presentation at Indy to get the latest update. 

Members do need to know that the coach does need to be roadworthy, and FMCAssist does not pay for breakdowns or repairs. 

But still it is a great benefit. 

It was due to "Lawsuits" by our owners, that had over 10 year old coaches, that clause was added in!  Glad to read that it's now re-arranged.