williames

Low Air Alarm, Even With Normal Air Pressure

I have a 2005 HR Ambassador.

The warning horn for low air doesn't stop for as long as 20 minutes and the air is well above what is needed. At least once it didn't stop for an entire trip. Any help on a solution.

Assume you have air pressure gauges?  What are the readings?

Might start by cleaning the contacts on the air pressure sender-- may be some corrosion/resistance that is changing the reading to the alarm.

7 hours ago, Hermanmullins said:

Check your water level in your reservoir. The low water level alarm is the same as low air. I know from experience 

Herman 

Is that coolant for cooling system or water level in air tanks?  :huh:

Water level?  Air?

My reservoir for coolant level has a probe that goes bad on occasion and sounds similar to the low air pressure alarm.  You should be getting a RED LOW AIR on your dash along with the alarm.  Coolant level on mine is AMBER LOW COOLANT.

If you have a Freightliner chassis it could be the wiring harness for the LBCU. I'm not sure if you have a LBCU or VDU, but both can be problematic with low air alarms. The VDU problem originates from cold solder joints and the LBCU is due to the daisy chain wiring harness. If you don't have a Freightliner chassis, then the info is not relevant. 

There are DIY fixes for both problems.

LBCU = Light Bar Control Unit

VDU = Video Data Unit

Williames, stomp the brake pedal rapidly, did it go out? Mine does that on occasion, a few stabs on the pedal and it quiets down. I bought a new Pressure switch and didn't it stop doing it!! :lol:

19 hours ago, williames said:

I have a 2005 HR Ambassador.

The warning horn for low air doesn't stop for as long as 20 minutes and the air is well above what is needed. At least once it didn't stop for an entire trip. Any help on a solution.

You might try this link and ask the question. 

The alarm system is often designed to monitor more then one system and that has been noted in some of the responses to your question.

Send a question to.                                                            Might ask for the electrical PDF files that cover what systems the alarm is monitoring.

http://www.holidayrambler.com/technical-assistance

Rich.