five

Forum Speed

I read where the powers that be are revamping the forum.  I hope they can do something about the speed.  Clicking on forum and it takes a  long time to open.  Same thing for a link or backing out of a link.  I'm on a number of forums....none are as slow as this one.

I agree - also I much prefer the format & functionality of other forums than this one.  I don't frequent this one as much because of the design.  

On 12/1/2017 at 0:23 PM, FIVE said:

I read where the powers that be are revamping the forum.  I hope they can do something about the speed.  Clicking on forum and it takes a  long time to open.  Same thing for a link or backing out of a link.  I'm on a number of forums....none are as slow as this one.

I'm retired! When I click on FMCA.COM I just close my eyes for a few seconds and catch my Happy Hour (minutes...er seconds)

If you think it is slow "normally" you should try it thru a VPN sevice. Two beers may not be enough, but at least I'm private.

Forum Speed.

Getting on is not an issue anymore for me.  However, having to wait for several minutes, while the 3 advertisements and RVillage to come up, before I can post or get on PM, that I don't understand...:wacko::angry:

Carl,

It may just be the system that I use, but I don't have an issue with ads.  I use my PC at home, my Laptop in the coach and my phone else where. I use the MiFi for all. And my speed depends on where we are and the strength of the signal. If you and Linda are going to Tyler Oaks, lets compare  units.

Herman 

Herman, it is my "Duty and Honor to stand and Serve", in Tyler, TX. 

Oh, well.  Some kind of gibberish like that...we will be there on opening day!

Right now, without having to do it the "Old Fashion Way", by having to call FMCA...Linda is having a terrible time!  We can find nothing that indicates  "How much will Perry cost for 50A per day"!  Shhh, it's a secret. :lol:  The best we have found is the "All access pass and camping" for $XXX"!   Here I thought we where the New & Improved FMCA?!!!

When in doubt go to the mat. A quote from the God Father.

Take your Cell phone out of your pocket, punch in the number 513-474-3622, when the nice lady answers, ask for Amy. When Amy answers ask her the simple question "What is the cost for 50 amp service in Perry. Walla, you will have the $$ for your question.

Or in your case, make sure your Princess Phone is connected to the wall outlet, then put you finger in the small hole and dial 513-474-3622 and when the nice answers ask for Amy. Repeat the last question.

At this point you may sing "It Is No Secret What Carl has Done".

:D  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Your enduring Friend,

Herman 

Ha!  High tech and my lady prevailed over phone and nice lady, who is not on phone, in FMCA on a Sunday at 7am!  Linda found out via the center $45 a day/FMCA will probably add on to that, but we have a base line!  I will call nice lady Monday & make a reservation for my coach and 2 people! :P

As for Princess Phone, I still have the original prototype and #1 working phone in original box...#2 hung on the wall, 1 year prior to Public release! 

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Getting on is not an issue anymore for me.  However, having to wait for several minutes, while the 3 advertisements and RVillage to come up, before I can post or get on PM, that I don't understand...:wacko::angry:

Carl,

Are you running an ad blocker? Per my computer guru-- you know, the good looking one, I run an ad blocker (through Mozilla/my browser) and see zero ads on the Forum.

Regarding princess phone - ROFL out loud.

==================================

I run Adblock Plus and Ghostery and they take care of all the nuisance ads and trackers. On this page Ghostery blocks Google Analytics  from loading.  

I have Adblock and Ghostery running on both Firefox (my primary) and Safari.

My browsers are fast and blocking those items I don't care to see helps.

Brett, Wayne...No I don't, never heard about it.  Just when I thought I had improved my "Cave Man" status!  Just to be more Dumb, where do I get one?

I like  to complain about anything and everything but I have never had an issue with speed and this site.  I only use cellular connections so no ground based internet and I don't run any ad blockers so I always see the side bar ads.  Despite these shortcomings the site opens just about as fast as any other forum I visit.

Once I'm on the site the pages open just like any other site.  it is the initial joining to the site that is extremely slow in comparison to other sites.

I'm on a fixed system, and here are my stats.

Ping: 17ms
Download speed: 237.37 Mbps
Upload Speed: 11.16 Mbps

Those figures are far higher than any cellular, satellite, or other connectivity speeds and I'm still slow at initiating contact with FMCA Web Site.

In many instances, but not all, the site load time is determined by the amount of ads and other tracking data taking place. (I said, not all.) 

I'm on a Toshiba laptop, 2009 model, running Windows 7 pro, Verizon plug in, Google Chrome.  Don't know about the "Fruity" part, I have a iphone 6 & ipad.  I'm getting a Mac as a Christmas present from my Nerd 1st cousin in Norway. 

Go to Adblocker for Chrome to download, it will stop those pesky ads.  The only ads I see on the FMCA site are their banner ads.  

I have the same experience as Wayne on getting on the website.  Its slow to load but then it works fine.

On 12/10/2017 at 4:33 PM, BillAdams said:

I like  to complain about anything and everything but I have never had an issue with speed and this site.  I only use cellular connections so no ground based internet and I don't run any ad blockers so I always see the side bar ads.  Despite these shortcomings the site opens just about as fast as any other forum I visit.

The speed I mentioned in my initial post referred to the opening of the FMCA site.  Once on the site and on the forum the speed is fine.  I timed it today, from the time I clicked on the FMCA link until it opened was 20 seconds.  All the other forum open without the last zero on that number.