rcieslak67

Cummins Onan Exhaust Tip

Looking for any advice as to where I  can locate a chrome exhaust tip for my Cummins Onan generator.

The one I have the chrome has all rusted off. 2009 HR Scepter.

Chrome Onan exhaust part number information.

046–00631
Chrome Tailpipe Extension
Description
1-1/2 inch O.D. x 10 inches long.
Compatibility
RV QD 5000
RV QD 6000
RV QD 8000
RV QD 10000
RV QD 12500
Quiet Diesel

Hope this information covers your request !

Rich.

On 12/1/2017 at 6:59 PM, Hermanmullins said:

Find the diameter and go to your local part house. I bought tips for both my Generator and my AquaHot at O'Reilly's

Herman 

Good to know!! My Aqua Hot tip is rust covered, looks like an antique with patina.

My diesel exhaust on my previous MH was showing signs of rust. I wire brushed it and use 1200˚ (High Temperature) flat black spray paint and it lasted for several years and was still good when I got rid of it this year.  What's the purpose of a chrome exhaust.  The black one looked good.

Wayne.  The purpose of any chrome, is bling with bugs!  Bugs show up real good on chrome...also, you get exercise with the washing and rubbing "Mother's" on at the campground's!  I'm thinking we should cover all the chrome with Rhino bedliner and paint it yellow...most bug blood is yellowish...then you wont see them! :lol:  We do not need any distraction from Beer/Wine time! :wub:

7 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

My diesel exhaust on my previous MH was showing signs of rust. I wire brushed it and use 1200˚ (High Temperature) flat black spray paint and it lasted for several years and was still good when I got rid of it this year.  What's the purpose of a chrome exhaust.  The black one looked good.

Thanks for the idea, I just might do this

Shiney coach with a bit of chrome or Rat Rod Coach, hmmm? :rolleyes: I will go with a small bit of Bling any day over flat black any day. :wub:  I think Wayne will agree  after the great job he showed that he did with Blue Magic on his rims.

Besides a shiney coach helps getting into some parks.:o

Home for a month, wow.:P

Herman

There is more to a Rat Rod than just Black/Rust paint.  You got chop the coach down and drop it down in ride height, high enough off the payment to give a buzz cut to a Groundhog!  Then build a Bad A$$ tractor pull engine wit 6" pipe and run the whole rig on 16 inch tires! :blink::wacko::lol: 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

There is more to a Rat Rod than just Black/Rust paint.  You got chop the coach down and drop it down in ride height, high enough off the payment to give a buzz cut to a Groundhog!  Then build a Bad A$$ tractor pull engine wit 6" pipe and run the whole rig on 16 inch tires! :blink::wacko::lol: 

Deep breaths Carl....calm down :lol:

11 hours ago, jleamont said:

Thanks for the idea, I just might do this

Thanks Joe, at least someone understands.

11 hours ago, Hermanmullins said:

Shiney coach with a bit of chrome or Rat Rod Coach, hmmm? :rolleyes: I will go with a small bit of Bling any day over flat black any day. :wub:  I think Wayne will agree  after the great job he showed that he did with Blue Magic on his rims.

Besides a shiney coach helps getting into some parks.:o

Home for a month, wow.:P

Herman

Herman,

I'm surprised they look at your back-side exhaust when you go into RV Parks.....Oh wait, you do mean the shiny (correct spelling) MH exhaust, right

On 12/1/2017 at 2:39 PM, rcieslak67 said:

Looking for any advice as to where I  can locate a chrome exhaust tip for my Cummins Onan generator.

The one I have the chrome has all rusted off. 2009 HR Scepter.

Bought one at auto parts store