Sign in to follow this  
rothenberger

Requirements when registering for a park

Has anyone had RV parks require a copy of driver license , proof of insurance and vehicle registration your rv and tow vehicle?    This is the third or fourth year we have stayed at Encore/ Thousand trail park Casita Verde RV Resort in Casa Grande AZ.  Last year the park took a copy of our driver license.  This year they required a copy of our drivers license,  proof of insurance and vehicle registration for both our RV and tow vehicle.  I don't remember a RV park requiring or taking copies of those things.  Our stay this year is for 2 months.   Has anyone ever been require to show and have their drivers license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration copied at any RV Park?  According to the manager this is an Encore Corp requirement.  Has anyone been to other Encore / Thousand Trail parks that have require copies drivers license, insurance and registration?  If so what parks and was it this year or past years?    I plan on writing to corp and would like this information before I sent my letter.  

We have made friends and like the park but I don't think we will be coming back because of the policy and management style of new manager.  

If taking copies of driver license, proof of insurance, and registration is not the norm for the industry,  please let other RVers know what Encore / Thousand Trails is doing.   Only by taking a stand and letting  Encore know that what they are doing is wrong and not stopping at their parks will they change the policy.  

Good likelihood that they and maybe the Corporate folks are "selling" or "sharing" that added info they have on you now to other third parties....

We usually spend the winter at an Encore RV resort (Gulf Air RV resort in Ft. Myers beach FL). They have never requested a copy of anything, I did have to show my DL the first time we stayed there though. I would contact their HQ directly with your concerns: https://rvonthego.com/about-us/contact-us and be specific.

Thanks for  responding.  I never even thought about how the information could be used.    I sent an email to Encore  asking them what their policy was on the information collected.  Please continue to let me know your experiences.  There are also other issues, but before I send Encore a letter addressing them I want to hear how many RV parks require this information.   Thanks for all your help.  I will up date you on what is happening.

Victoria

7 hours ago, WhiteEagle said:

Good likelihood that they and maybe the Corporate folks are "selling" or "sharing" that added info they have on you now to other third parties....

One more reason you will never see me at a TT property.

Bill

Yes I have when I did a month to month rental at rv parks, but no other time. You can look up Desert Willows RV Park in Hesperia Ca under rules and they ask for even more.

Jerry

We spend our winters in south Texas at Sandpipers Resort.  It is an independent resort and they ask for proof of insurance and do require that all vehicles in the park (including permanently parked trailers) have a current license.  They don't require you show registration, the plate is good enough.  They have never asked for a drivers license.  I think that any park is allowed to ask for any information they want, and we are free to find another park if we don't like it.  I can't think of any other park we've stayed at that requires that information for stays up to a month long.

I have had to show DL & they took a photo copy, on many occasions in SC and FL.  Never Insurance or Registration.  Upon checking out, I get photo copy back.

It just occurred to me, the requirements may be included in the innkeepers regulations enacted at state level. This gives some insight into the innkeepers liability, RV parks fall under the regulations in most states. https://scholarship.law.nd.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4407&context=ndlr

That's one example, use your search engine to find for any state.