jeannemaryann

Best folding gas grills for Class A direct connect to RV Propane Tank

We just purchased a new 36 foot Class A Pusher with a propane connector for a gas grill. What folding grill do you recommend? We want good BTUs but economic propane usage. Easy to set up and not to heavy.

Thanks.

Jeanne

From what I can tell, based on what I see in the RV parks we've been thru, the Weber BBQ seems popular. 

077924024504.thumb.jpg.45a9a1771f3efc9ceb3feba73234c529.jpg

Jeanne,

Welcome to the Forum. Weber make several small grills, the "Q" and the "Baby Q". I have the small one, the Baby Q. It is ok but not very high BTUs. Everyone has their favorites

but may I suggest you Google "portable gas grills". Pick out a few then ask who likes one over the other.

Good hunting and again Welcome.

Herman

If you get the Webber get the one with the built in thermometer in the lid.

I have done a non scientific survey of several campgrounds and rally's. It is a toss up between the Weber and the Colman Roadtec. The Coleman has the benefit of not needing a place to set it up as it has it's built in stand. 

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Road-Propane-Portable-Grill/dp/B00GPEKBPE

Bill

I have the Weber Q200 & now they all come, with the thermostat and 2 fold out selves, that fit under the lid...$249 at Home Depot reg. I paid $189 last month!  All I have is Weber, from small Q to the large Genesis, in gas.  2 large 36" charcoal kettles! :)

Weber baby Q is the propane model we carry. A friend had the one Bill posted the link to. It fell apart in 4 years of part time use. My Q is 11 and still going strong 

I get confused with the connection hose from the MH quick disconnect to the grill as far as a regulator goes.

That why I still use charcoal. I like that Weber.

The only complaint I have had with the Colman I have is the wheels started to get wobbly so I tightened the screws/axels up. Well ok 2 minor things. It tends to be realey hot even with the burners turned way down. The new ones have 3 burners and may give better control. I just use the small cans of propane and don't think it uses much propane.

Bill

Since mine is all electric, I also use the bottle.  We grill a lot, home & on the road. 4 bottles, per year at both places! 

True, we do that at the house.  When you buy the Coleman bottles, your not paying for the propane!  :(

Flame King gas grill is also great. You can hook the grill to your RV’s propane line using a quick-connect hose (included). Alternatively, you can connect it to freestanding propane tanks.