hermanmullins

What can I do when we go North to beat the Summer Heat

I have a son that is the General Manager for a motor cycle dealer in Cheyenne Wyoming. We were recently talking about the difficulties in getting folks to work knowing that it is seasonal work. :(

In the motor cycle industry, the problem is experience and knowledge. I had a thought, "How about retires". We have lots of folks that go South  for the Winter and North for the Summer. They enjoy their different location but get bored with nothing to do. So I thought that I would put the word out to RVers that are in the Cheyenne area for the summer and have skills in mechanic, make ready, sales and or parts to give me a PM. If not this for this year maybe next year.:)

So if you go North in the Summer, in the Cheyenne area and are bored, there might be a place to kill some time and maybe make a little gas money for you trip back South when the Northern cold comes.

Thanks for listening to an old dad that thought he might help his son and others.:wub:

Herman

Far North! We are from the Gulf Coast where the temperatures are in the upper 80's to lower 90's during the summer. We are now in Ohio and the temperatures have been the same as if we had stayed home. Go further North,

14 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Thanks for listening to an old dad that thought he might help his son and others.:wub:

Thanks but he probably wouldn't like me. Now I tend to come in late take long breaks and a long lunch and leave earley.:D

Bill

Interesting thought...I  would rather volunteer at a golf course part time and the same, at the campground & get free play and stay!  :rolleyes:🤗

10 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

OR, go UP!

Currently 51 degrees F in Angel Fire NM. Yes, at 8,.400'.

Can't do that anymore :(. Found out last summer my DW gets altitude sickness. Had I known more last summer she would have gone to the ER.

I guess its a good thing we are beach people and love hot weather (just not muggy hot).

I spent last week in Maine for work, temps reached 80 degrees with no humidity and the nights were 60, it was beautiful! 

Herman, I could see myself doing something like that or driving a bus for Disney when I retire. DW already drives a 40' school bus, might just continue that trend in a few years. 

I used to do that about 6 decades ago. Can't do it-or much else now, too stiff and fumble-fingered, plus tremors. My first bike was a Harley 250cc trail/street bike , my last was a Harley 900cc sportster. (only pegged the speedo once @ 120) Thanks for the memories Herman, if I was 20 years younger I'd jump at the chance.

Loved to ride! Then in 2007 riding down the highway at 55 mph, a guy in a pickup truck pulled out and broadsided me. Went 130 feet on the pavement. The guy ran. They caught him the next day when he came home sober (assumption of me and police). He spent 2 years of a 4 year sentence in jail. Leaving the scene of an accident in Texas is a misdemeanor. Failure to stop and render aid is a felony.

When riding you didn't have to go North, just let the wind in your face cool you down,

19 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

When riding you didn't have to go North, just let the wind in your face cool you down,

We could tell how happy a motorcyclerider was by counting the bugs on their teeth!:ph34r: