timnjulie

Oven won't light

Are you positive that you have LP and that no one had turned it off (like a repair shop or a helpful spouse?)

Have you tried cleaning the tip of the thermocouple?

On my furnace the tip will develop a buildup after running a while, and this can make lighting difficult. I keep a toothbrush on hand just for cleaning the tip.

42 minutes ago, richard5933 said:

Are you positive that you have LP and that no one had turned it off (like a repair shop or a helpful spouse?)

Have you tried cleaning the tip of the thermocouple?

Good suggestions. Have you tried to light the cook top? Does your water heater light? Can you smell gas when you try to light it? Have you tried a match to see if you are getting gas?

Bill

13 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Have you checked your NO2 detector. It may have shut your gas off.

Herman 

You mean CO...Carbon Monoxide?  or LP (propane)?

Ken

Glad it was something so simple. Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

A cleaning brush has been part of my maintenance kit for a long time just for such things - should be standard in any toolbox if there is a standing pilot onboard. They do get dirty and need cleaning from time to time.

Yep, a dirty, corroded flame sensor can cause a big headache. I'm in the process of cleaning my water heater flame sensor now, non-use allowed it to corrode enough to block the 4 milivolt signal to the control board.

9 hours ago, Timnjulie said:

Put toothbrush in my coach toolbag

Try not to get it mixed up with the one near the sink :wacko::lol:

3 hours ago, jleamont said:

Try not to get it mixed up with the one near the sink :wacko::lol:

That and don't let your wife see you puting hers back.:P

Bill

Sometimes the oven control knob can't push in far enough to light the pilot. The pilot should light instantly and continue after you release the control knob once the thermocouple heats up. I have had to remove the knob and put a "filler" in the hole so it sits high enough to push in far enough to light the pilot.
Of course you can go old school and skip the pilot and just light the burner; done that before as well. More details