Jump to content
romer1

Need front fender for 2000 Suncruiser

Recommended Posts

Need a right front fender for a 2000 Itasca suncruiser 35U. Have tried Colaws, Visone and AZ rv parts with no luck. Anyone aware of any other places that might have one? Maybe there's one sitting in someone's yard waiting to be parted out?  Checked Winnebago customer service, part is obsolete, tooling no longer available, can't be made. 2000-2002 Adventurer / Suncruiser use same fender
Thanks

IMG_20200329_113227203.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

romer1, welcome to the forum. That is a nasty bobo. So what does your insurance company say?  Who have you talked to about fixing  it? 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

romer1, welcome to the forum. That is a nasty bobo. So what does your insurance company say?  Who have you talked to about fixing  it? 

Bill

Was at Winnebago March 30th for some repairs. That happened on way to Forest City. Part is obsolete and they don't have tooling to make one, thus the search. My local RV mechanic will be doing repairs. Hadn't thought about insurance claim. That wouldn't help with the part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herman,

 

Thanks, just called them and front fenders are gone.

 

Merrill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have any remnants from the damages fender, if so any experiences fiberglass fabricator should be able fabricate new one since it's basically flat, a mold wouldn't be needed. needed. 

What is your location, if you are in the Pacific northwest, I would able to help you.  You could also use the driver side fender as a pattern to get dimensions. just reverse image.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, F433921 said:

Do you have any remnants from the damages fender, if so any experiences fiberglass fabricator should be able fabricate new one since it's basically flat, a mold wouldn't be needed. needed. 

What is your location, if you are in the Pacific northwest, I would able to help you.  You could also use the driver side fender as a pattern to get dimensions. just reverse image.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I'm in the Chicago area. I know the old one is ABS. I have the back half as shown in the photo I attached earlier. Drivers side has a door which somewhat changes shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be more than the average RV mechanic can handel. I would start by calling some of the body shops that specialise in fiberglass repair  or a fiberglass  boat repair place. 

That looks like a fiberglass panel and you can make a mold off the drivers side and use it to make the part for this side. 

If they want to much turn it in to your insurance and let them find a place to fix it  or total it.

Bill 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just talked to Winnebago, they're sending  the dimensional drawing to have one fabricated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are doing wonderful things with 3-D printer now. Maybe with the drawings there is someone that can make one for you. May be worth a try.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, romer1 said:

Just talked to Winnebago, they're sending  the dimensional drawing to have one fabricated.

Sounds good. Think there is the outside shell, with an inner foam layer and a metal layer on the inside to protect the foam. 

Do you know how many layers the file will cover?

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

Sounds good. Think there is the outside shell, with an inner foam layer and a metal layer on the inside to protect the foam. 

Do you know how many layers the file will cover?

Rich.

Actually, the fender is a sheet of formed ABS, not sure how thick. The storage compartment doors have the sandwich construction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update. The fender is too large for anyone I contacted to do with 3D printing. Have found a place that may be able to do a vacuum form in ABS or use a mold for fiberglass. Just looking at most economical way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're in agreement one has to be made. Just waiting for this estimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could find a person that owns a coach with the same model, a mold could easily be made with great stuff spray foam then a fiberglass replacement would be easy to make. I have made duplicate parts for many years using this method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is covered by insurance why not find a shop to make the repairs and let them find a fender. It may take a week or several months but you can let them find one. I am sure the insurance company would be glad to work with a shop to save them from having to have one made.

If they have to make one make sure they keep the mold or pattern, you never know when you might clip another short post.:rolleyes:

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

If you could find a person that owns a coach with the same model, a mold could easily be made with great stuff spray foam then a fiberglass replacement would be easy to make. I have made duplicate parts for many years using this method.

Thanks for the idea and wakeup call. I have a friend with a 2002 Adventurer with the same fender. Never even thought of using that for a mold. Thanks.

Merrill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it's the same coach, send a PM to the poster...If it's not the same side, you both got it made!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...