obiwan_canoli

Cost to Flat-Tow ? WOW!

Just had a blue ox system installed on my ford f150 total cost $2,645. Installed  into rv receiver hitch and on the road again!

On 6/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, wayne77590 said:

Just re-read this thread and I have to disagree with you Brett. It was a Proctologist and he installed it by going up the muffler.

Friends had their 2015 Wrangler set up by a local reputable RV dealer (not CW) and the install for everything including a portable braking system was $4,600.

I just did my 2020 Equinox Premier with a Demco baseplate, Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar, Demco Stay-IN-Play permanent braking system, RVi Towed Charger, LED tail light diode wiring kit,  tow bar cover, two locking hitch pins, a 4" dual drop hitch,  two tow bar pin padlocks, wire loom to contain all of the wiring and spent about $3,700 on parts out the door, almost all with Etrailer. Shipping was free but the state sales tax was not.

Ray

You can save some money by looking for used equipment. I found a Blue Ox tow bar and a Brake Buddy for under $500.00. I spent $35.00 to have the towbar rebuilt and certified by Blue Ox at a rally before I had anything to tow 4 down. I also saved  some money by negotiating the base plate and wiring on the toad when I bought my 2014 CR-V. So my CR-V came from the dealer ready to hook up and go.

Bill