fredhgross

LED Replacement Bulbs For Tiffin Ceiling Lights

After 1 yr of full timing I now have accumulated 7 led ceiling lights that are out.

The dealer wants $16.75 for each replacement bulb.

Has anyone found a less expensive source for the LED bulb from Triple H Electronics?

fredhgross

40 ft Tiffin Phaeton

2008 Saturn Vue

Blue OX tow bar

One year of full timing shouldn't burn out LED lights that is advertising as lasting 28 years. I wonder what happening with the bulbs? Shouldn't there be a warranty?

That many failures in such a short time make me wonder if you have a converter problem putting out too much voltage or noise spikes.

Lenp

I had all 64 lights replaced with LED at Lazydays in Tampa, where I bought my current coach. The one thing I was told is never use your bare hands to re-place or change a bulb, seems that oil from hands will shorten or make bulb inoperable.

I have replaced all my house lights also and used latex gloves.

My 2 cents.

Carl

All LED lights have a warranty, if you didn't discard them find the manufacturer name & part# then contact the company to find a dealer in your area to get them replaced under warranty.

Hope this helps

I have a Tiffin Allegro Bus and I have over 50 halogen 20-30 watt lamps that are constantly burning out. I saw some forum where members recommended purchasing from China using alibaba.com. https://passport.alibaba.com.

Here is where you buy direct from manufacture of almost all LED's in the world and you have lots of choices.

For instance: 12vdc-220vac(12vdc), g4,g8 etc.etc bases(g4), corn configuration(corn looks like my existing halon bulbs), dimmable or non dimmable(dimmable),what type of circuit board (I choose 1340smd), 1w,2w,3, 4w,5w....(3w is a replacement for 20-30w halogen bulb), cool white, warm white ,white color rendition,Lamp 360degrees, down ligthing reflecting(360degrees.).

Now once you make all these choices you will find pricing from $.56 each to $9.99 each and they come in quantites from 1-40 per package, and they sell on a per package basis. Then there is shipping cost (my choice was free) and shipping time from 7-45 days.

Yes lower cost LED's are available but you need to know what you are looking for.

Oh by the way I have not received them yet (ordered 5 days ago for $22.80 for 40). I don't know if they will work but they sound good and I have learned a lot about LED's.

Joe Shallbetter.

Sure sounds like a lot of money to spend.

Here is what I purchased about 2 years ago and about 30 cents cheaper.

LED Lighting

Check their web page for other types of bulbs and fittings. Yes, the company is in China. What isn't now-a-days.