PaulandMonika

Slideout Leaving Floor Stains

The full wall slide on our 2013 Winnebago Adventurer leaves black marks on the vinyl in the kitchen area when it's extended. We've cleaned these with various cleaners, even mineral spirits per the manufacturer's instructions, but each time the slide is retracted, it leaves these stains when subsequently extended.

Any suggestions as to how to prevent these black marks would be sincerely appreciated.

I just got off the phone with Winnebago Tech Support and they told me to trim about 1/8 inch off the rubber seal and that should cure the problem. Apparently they've run into this problem before. I'll repost after our next trip and let you know how it went. Thanks for all the suggestions

My Journey does the same thing. They say that it needs an adjustment. When I get to Phoenix I will have it done at La Mesa Rv. It should not be a big deal ...lol, but then it is a Winnebago.

Ray. That's what I did. But I first took a magnet under the lip...got metal shavings, then cleaned area. Took three tries, now I don't have marks anymore! :)

Carl

I have read where some MH users by a plastic runner strip placed under the slide while it is coming in. The slide rests on the plastic and keeps the mark from appearing. I guess one has to see how it comes in and if it will not jam up on the plastic strip.

Make and models differ.

Herman.

I have rollers. What I had was metal shavings and each time the slide came in/out the roller slide not rolled, until someone on Forum told me to use a magnet.

That was in March.

Had slide inspected for any metal that did not belong....It was a rivet head, from where??? Gremlins. :rolleyes:

I think the first thing to do is find out what is dragging and see if the slide can be adjusted to stop it. What has customer service said?

Bill

After you clean the floor then the next step is to clean the bottom of the slide when it is extended.

When the slide is extended this part, containing the sink and cabinet underneath, still stays inside the rv

Don't the slides have rollers on them? :o If so they may need to be lubricated or even changed. If they wont roll they will never stop leaving skid marks on the floor.

Herman

I think the first thing to do is find out what is dragging and see if the slide can be adjusted to stop it. What has customer service said?

Bill

Nothing appears to be dragging, the marks are coming from the rubber seal under the cabinet

When the slide is extended this part, containing the sink and cabinet underneath, still stays inside the rv

When I had mark on floor from that section it was p-trap drain leaking that came loose from rubber elbow. After repair still can take awhile for it to stop making a mark. A rag tied to a stick to clean can help speed the process

There are rollers, but they don't touch the floor.  When the slideout is out, you can see the lower rollers from the outside by pressing down the underside weather seal along the bottom. But the rollers are probably not the problem. 

The problem is most likely the slideout is tilting when brought in ... the outside seals are touching at the top before the bottom touches (if they ever do) ... which means that your slideout is out of sync top to bottom and probably can't be fixed with the original track system.  Well ... it can be patched but not fixed, and the same thing will happen again.

Why?  Because the original two-track system is too weak to handle the weight and keep it level.  There probably is a fix but it's major.  Lippert (LCI who makes the track system) either now knows or knew back then that the two track system was too weak for the big whole-wall slideout since it carries a ton of appliances and 80% of internal storage.

The floor marks are probably made by the sink island. Watch it as it comes in and place a piece of fabric or small towel just before it touches.  The island will slide on fabric and the fabric will protect your floor.  You can also replace the damaged floor tiles - Winnebago probably still has them for a price.  They are not that difficult to replace. 

Sorry for the bad news.