carroll.87.megan@gmail.com

No Power To Pull Outs

Try turning the ignition switch on. Could help. Our Phaeton slide outs would go out without turning the ignition on the first year we owned it and then for some reason I had to start turning the key on. Oh well! At least they work. 

Carroll, in addition to ObedB reply, make sure all of you basement doors are shut tight. My first reply....I am trying to figure out if the house batteries are also dead, did you have those checked/replaced?

Welcome to the forum.

Without more information on the coach it is hard to know what the proper procedure is. Here is some SWAG things to try.

First  Do you have shore power? Have you have the manufacturer's instructions on how to operate the slides? If you don't have shore power I would start the generator. Have you checked the charge in your batteries? Is this a problem with all slides or just one?

Please enter your coach information in your signature (see mine or Herman's as an example) this will get better answers.

Bill

21 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe,

On our Dynasty the slides will not work with the Ignition switch, key, in the on position. Must be off.

Herman 

Mine works the same way as yours. Not sure what ObedB has got going on with that Tiffin :blink:. As soon as my key goes on it switches back to travel height also.

How can anyone explain our slides working with the key off for the first year and then failing last September  to operate in Limon CO although they worked on the trip out ?  That is why I mention a possible solution that finally worked for me. A Tiffin website lead me to try that after I had replaced the relay and the slides still didn't work. I doubt that Rich, the wizard of smart for things electrical  could explain that. Bill's idea about the coach batteries being in a low state of charge is a good one for the OP .

ObedB my front one works key off, the back one doesn't matter what position the keys in. :wacko:

I would call Tiffin, see if they have any idea what's going on. If they are of no real help for a solution and since they always work, I'm not sure I would be to concerned. When we bought this coach the first thing I taught myself was how to pull them in manually. I even keep the proper speed wrench handy.

Tiffin is no help on a coach built in 2003. As long as our slides work with the key on I don't care. There seem to be few if any standards in the industry. Would that work in the real world of things electric, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry etc. Shame on the industry. If there were standards it would be much easier to find a qualified  TECH when you have a problem. I hoped that when we bought a diesel coach 15 years newer than our gasser it would be better than it is. Still beats the heck out of a 1988 Ford 460 powered carbureted RV but it should be better.

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe,

On our Dynasty the slides will not work with the Ignition switch, key, in the on position. Must be off.

Herman 

These coaches are all very different.  On my coach, full wall slide will operate only with the engine running.  The two smaller slides will operate with the ignition on, eng on or off, makes no difference.

I so agree that knowing the make of the coach helps considerably.  However:

Are the slides hydraulic or electric.  Mine are electric.  I'll tell on myself: After several attempts to operate the slides and a few choice words - I turned the key on that disconnects the power to the slide motors.  It is separate from the ignition key. So, is there a separate on/off switch that has to be engaged before operating the slide?

While your all beating each other up and since we know how our coaches work or don't....what happened to the OP?  Wayne, said it best...we can't help unless we know what they have!  May not even be a coach....remember the high dollar "horse trailer"?  It was not until the last post that we found out the Lady also had a Wanderlodge and a F# !

Just for the 2016 record:  Mine is key on, engine off for all slides and Leveling Jacks or Air Leveling!  KISS.

Guys....I think one of Carroll.87 previous posts indicated the coach was an '05 Monaco Knight. 

Our same year Windsor the ignition key must be in the "off" position before moving the slides.

Carroll.87.  Sounds like you replaced your chassis batteries to get the coach started?  Did you change out your house batteries too?  What other 12V systems work or don't work lights, fridge, water pump? 

Blake

She may have received an answer in another thread but this thread does not have the make/model of her coach.  I don't read Monaco threads or any other threads that don't pertain to me.  I just don't have the time to peruse all the different threads.

The problem is that when a person is having trouble with their water pump, heater, refrigerator and other on-board systems we share the same components in many cases. Posting in a manufacturer specific thread may not result in some good answers from others with the same components.

Carol only had 3 posts when she started this thread. Hope she answers the PM and come in and joins us again. She did the right thing in posting her questions to the Technical/Electrical thread.