jeff753

Pulling Hard Left While Moving

It seems all of a sudden it started pulling hard left.  So bad that I could go around a slight left curve with the steering wheel at 12:30

If I let go of the wheel it would turn to 10:00 and oversteer into the left lane. 

At the Big E I swapped front left and rights.

Today I took it for a drive expecting it to pull right.  It seemed to act normal??? I'm confused as to why?   I thought it was a bad tire belt??

Still at the big e looking for a solution.

Jeff, 

Next time don't have a NASCAR mechanic aligned your coach.?

Yes, you may have separation in the core of one of the tires, which may cause pulling. A number of years ago Firestone had the same issue with their tires.

Get it checked out soon.

Herman 

Jeff,

If swapping front tires materially changed tracking, do not leave Springfield until you have had the tires inspected by a COMPETENT tire dealer.  I would check with a couple of OTR truck repair facilities for their recommendation on a shop, or better the name of a tire expert.

Thanks Wolfe

We are still on the grounds at West Speingfield.  Headed to Daves Truck Repair this morning.  

I figured red since it pulled hard left and i swapped the fronts it would pull hard right. It seems to drive normal again?

if they can't visually see a defect we may swap them again and see if it pulls left again.

Jeff, you don't say what kind of coach you have or size tires?  How old are your front tires?  I would be looking for new tires, not swapping back and forth!

Please, for your safety, do as Brett has advised!

Jeff,

It will only help you determine what is or is not happening. It is part of the trouble shooting process. I think that is good thinking.

Bill Edwards

2001 Dynasty  44,000 pounds with Cherokee towed 

Michelin XZA2 Energys 295x80x22.5

was pulling hard left. Go around a shallow left hand bend with steering wheel at 12:30. 

To drive straight wheel at 2oclock. 

Go five miles an hour let go of steering wheel turns to 10:00

Swapped fronts left to right and right to left and it seems to drive normal?  I figured if it was a tire it should now pull right but the revolution of the tire is now reversed since the left (presumably bad tire) is on the right??

I did find the tire about 25 miles south of the big e and will head down there tomorrow 

I also tried to meet Mr Marble (tire expert) at the big e but between parking/layout sand standing up FMCA ENERGIZED I had no time. I left him a pm too

Jeff,

Yes, Roger Marble was pretty busy at the Convention-- between committee meetings (2 that I know of) and the seminars he gave, it did not leave much time.

I believe he left on Saturday for another commitment.

Brett

Let us know what they find. Out of curiosity do you have a Blue Ox tru center? I have read of intermittent problems with them including locking up the steering wheel to pulling hard one direction. Also, hope they check your brakes, could be a dragging brake.

I was pulling hard left.  Swapped the two fronts right to left. Still pulled left. Took rig to Michelin tire shop just south of Springfield. Tires sidewalls were wobbly on the balancer.  Two year old xza2. The Michelin rep authorized two new tires mounted and balanced at no charge.  Drives perfect again. It was the tires. 

Sometimes it takes a tire dealer to actually be able to look at the tires to come up with problem/solution. The best the rest of us can do is offer opinions that are based on trying to visualize the tire situation.

Glad it was resolved.