grumpytoo

FMCA's New Atlas

Am I to much of a cheapskate? The price of the new FMCA Road Atlas is responsible, it's the shipping I find ridiculous. Ok if you’re traveling and need it in a couple days  $11.70 would be fine. I wonder how many folks are going to pay $116 for next day air? Guess if you’re driving a 2 million dollar motorhome you might. But for normal folks not going anywhere for a couple weeks $11.70 is an unnecessary expense. Why no 7 to 10 day shipping? 

It was $124 for next day air to me and as much as the Atlas the cheapest rate.  I guess FMCA is not completing with Amazon so I wait if I see one at their rally.  

Here is another good reason to attend FMCA'S 96th International Convention & RV Expo. in Indianapolis and go to the FMCA Booth. There you can purchase your latest Atlas and even lots of other fine FMCA merchandise. If you cant make that there is always The South Central Area Six-State Rally in Texarkana Arkansas October 25th to the 28th. 

I'll be there will you????

Herman

I am going to try and make The South Central Area Six-State Rally in Texarkana Arkansas October 25th to the 28th. The plan is to meet up with the Red River Rovers at The Choctaw RV Park. The #1 KOA RV park in all of Oklahoma befor heading to The South Central Area Six-State Rally in Texarkana Arkansas October 25th to the 28th.:P

Bill

I like the Rand McNally Road Atlas and Festival Guide.  Not only is it reasonably priced and has good maps, it lists all the Walmarts and Sams stores and gives their addresses.

Herman.  Linda and I will  be at both.  If I miss 6 State, I better be dead or in a full body cast...:lol: 

Carl

Just bought a GS road atlas yesterday. DW loved all of the information in it. It listed campgrounds, name, phone numbers and highlighted all of the STAA routes. Strong pages (not newspaper) and spiral bound. We also have last years FMCA atlas (DW loves maps).

Looks like I will be picking up a Atlas at NWA rally in Longview, WA June 22 - 25.  If you never been to Longview, WA you should come as it is very beautiful there.  

They wanted $19 shipping, ground for the Atlas.  I sent them a note saying I wasn't paying $19 shipping on an $11 book.  I received no response.  A week or so later I checked again and shipping was $7.50 flat rate.  Somebody woke up.