wayne77590

Aqua Hot - Hydronic System

Wayne, burner chamber. It has a swirl at the end of the tube that gums up. Last time I had to replace it from over fueling, it was melted. Ching...$295.00 :wacko:. That hurt!

The AH was developed in 1984.  26 years later, AH did a complete change over, to compete with Oasis, that's why the 450DH is smaller, lighter and more efficient.  The inner workings on both AH & Oasis, are pretty much the same....on both, that are built in the last 7 years, service and exercise, is not as critical as in the past.  I service mine about every 18 month's and only turn it on in storage, when it's been inactive for 2 or 3 month's! 

Wayne,

When you call A/H asks them if you need to do the same on an Propane unit. A friend of mine has a 2018 all Electric Entegra with a Propane unit in it.

Just curious.

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Wayne,

When you call A/H asks them if you need to do the same on an Propane unit. A friend of mine has a 2018 all Electric Entegra with a Propane unit in it.

Just curious.

Herman

Now that's strange.  I wonder why Entegra installed a propane tank in an an all electric coach to run the AH.? In my way of thinking, the  benefit of an all electric coach is to get rid of the weight and physical size of the tank. 

Jim, Entegra was sold to another company, think about it for a minute...now you see why it doesn't make sense.

When I was having problems with our aqua hot two years ago I called them and asked about the propane unit they didn't recommend it as they said it used a lot more propane to do the work of a little diesel. The guy told me on the phone going from diesel to propane would not make me a happy aqua hot customer.  I have no idea what that means I got that straight from the source.

16 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Yes and my thinking is that the fuel delivery system may be different and there is no need to run it monthly.

For AH I'm going to call the company when I think to call them and ask.

And depending on what tech you get, you’ll probably get a different answer like most suppliers. :(

On 3/4/2018 at 6:03 AM, elkhartjim said:

...I wonder why Entegra installed a propane tank in an an all electric coach to run the AH.? In my way of thinking, the  benefit of an all electric coach is to get rid of the weight and physical size of the tank.... 

Some time it's hard to figure out what these manufacturers are doing.  A number of years ago, AC made a Revolution that was all electric (Aqua Hot and residential refer) then put in a propane stove.  Made no sense.

Wayne.

Remove the tank and get an induction stove!  That's what I did on this coach.  My tank was 60 gallon, now I have another bay!  Joe did the same!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, manholt said:

The AH was developed in 1984.  26 years later, AH did a complete change over, to compete with Oasis, that's why the 450DH is smaller, lighter and more efficient.  The inner workings on both AH & Oasis, are pretty much the same....on both, that are built in the last 7 years, service and exercise, is not as critical as in the past.  I service mine about every 18 month's and only turn it on in storage, when it's been inactive for 2 or 3 month's! 

Good information to know Carl.  From other things I was reading I assumed having the Oasis serviced was an annual deal.  Sounds like I may be able to stretch it a little.

Ah grasshoppers, I sent an email to Aqua Hot services and here is what was said

What I Sent.

"Hello,
There is a little controversy going on so I thought I would ask the experts.
Should the Aqua Hot burner be turned on for one cycle on a monthly basis.
It is said to keep the nozzle clean,
Thanks
Wayne"

--------------------------------

The reply.

"Wayne, 

We do recommend that the unit be ran at least once a month if it's not being used for daily use. This does keep the fuel moving and helps prevent clogged nozzles. We still want to have the maintenance done annually but this should help prevent any issues you may have when pulling your coach out of storage. We also recommend running the heat zones as well. This keeps the antifreeze moving as well. Also since Propylene Glycol is Sugar based, running your zones will keep the check valves from sticking which could lead to a lack of heat. 

Thank you,
Emily Higbee
Customer Service Technical Representative 
Aqua-Hot Heating Systems, Inc"

-----------------

So there you have it,

50 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Ah grasshoppers, I sent an email to Aqua Hot services and here is what was said

What I Sent.

"Hello,
There is a little controversy going on so I thought I would ask the experts.
Should the Aqua Hot burner be turned on for one cycle on a monthly basis.
It is said to keep the nozzle clean,
Thanks
Wayne"

--------------------------------

The reply.

"Wayne, 

We do recommend that the unit be ran at least once a month if it's not being used for daily use. This does keep the fuel moving and helps prevent clogged nozzles. We still want to have the maintenance done annually but this should help prevent any issues you may have when pulling your coach out of storage. We also recommend running the heat zones as well. This keeps the antifreeze moving as well. Also since Propylene Glycol is Sugar based, running your zones will keep the check valves from sticking which could lead to a lack of heat. 

Thank you,
Emily Higbee
Customer Service Technical Representative 
Aqua-Hot Heating Systems, Inc"

-----------------

So there you have it,

Nice!!

Just had a problem with ours that seemed much worse than it was and figured i'd share it.

The burner would ignite, run and the RPMs would fluctuate up and down and it would blow blue smoke when the RPM's would drop the burner would stall and reignite all the while it sounded like marbles rattling around inside the burner. Posted on Rogers's forum, he suggested fuel delivery problem. The filter is new so I got to thinking internal fuel pump? Na that's only 6 years old. I was just about to rig up a vacuum gauge to see if the pump was actually sucking or not when it dawned on me to do a thorough inspection of the fuel delivery system. I Started to check the area around the fuel filter and found the supply line from the fuel tank to the filter collapsed internally, it actually had a dent in it and the line was hard as a rock. Swapped out the fuel line and the system is operating normally once again.

I am so thankful Monaco's fuel tank is easily accessible, it took me maybe 15 minutes to replace the hose.

Guess ill be replacing the fuel line from the filter to the AH unit and the generator fuel supply line also this spring fortunately they are all easily accessible. This ULSD Diesel is really becoming a PIA :angry:. First it took out the coach engine lines in 2014, now the AH fuel lines in 2018 :wacko:  

Thanks for sharing!  But Joe, I wonder if any of it, has to do with your coach sitting idle. for all winter?

24 minutes ago, manholt said:

Thanks for sharing!  But Joe, I wonder if any of it, has to do with your coach sitting idle. for all winter?

hmm, i do run the AH and generator monthly, so fuel is moving all winter

ULSD attacks rubber and it appears to pull the oils from it causing it to dry out, this has been a nightmare since its release on older engines creating fuel leaks.