hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Sure sorry to hear that...your last sentence is the bottom line.  As an old colonel told me years ago, "if money will fix it, it's not a problem."

Don't tell my kids that. They always say I'm spending their inheritance. What the don't know is that there isn't much inheritance!:D

It became part of the passenger floor board. Well most of it anyway.

So, a week or so later Earlene asked me to go get some moer Pho. As I'm walking out the door she says, "Don't spill it this time, and don't hit anything with my car!" I was driving her precious 2004 Lincoln Towncar.

What did you expect her to say?

My DW would've said, " walk, you ain't driving my car".  The only time she allows me to drive her car is when I chauffeur her. FWIW, the best driving and riding auto i ever owned was s Lincoln Mark V., but it was not a town car, it liked the open road.

I had a Lincoln Mark 8. The faster you would go the lower to the ground it would get. One day I tested it on the flats and at 120 it would go into passing gear.

I got rid of it before I did something real stupid all the time.

Well, you know my wife's condition so if she wants to go anywhere it had to be in her car so she gave me permission to get gas and go to the grocery store by myself..

It is with much sadness that we are now motorhomless.

WithEarlene not being able to travel this was the best decision.

It has been fun. When my subscription runs out I will not be posting.

Thank you for putting up with me.

20 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Wayne --

Best of luck for your next chapter of retirement and prayers for best health possible and more enjoyable years for you and Earlene.   We'll all eventually get to the point due to age or physical abilities that enjoying an RV will come to an end.   I keep debating if I want to purchase one final, three year old motorhome for Cindy and I to enjoy for another ten years (by then we'll be age 75) or just keep our current coach.  We'll all miss you on the forum!  I've greatly valued the advice and insights you've provided to me during the last ten years. 

At times I feel old thanks to visits from "Arthur Itis" and in those moments I remember the infamous quote from Walt Disney that my father (may he rest in peace) often stated “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. to lift my spirits.  May you and Earlene never grow up!

Thanks Mike. Just remember that there is an alternative to grow old and I don’t think any of us like it.

We have never regretted purchasing our RV’s. We’ve camped since 1974 starting in a small pop up camper van. Being in the Marine Corp we had a few  hiatuses along the way.I retired for the second time in 2007. Bought a 5th wheel and 1 year later a MH. The song, “I’ve been everywhere,” fits us.

i’m 83 years young so you and Cindy have a lot of years ahead of you. Go for the newer RV and enjoy it as much as you can for as long as you can.

On 10/22/2024 at 3:10 PM, wayne77590 said:

Best wishes for you both!  We are at that crossroads now, I have everything repaired/replaced and working in/on our MH. It will  hit the for sale adds this coming February 2025.  DW is down to 97#, the Dr. found out the problem, she has C-Difficle. She is now on a special antibiotic to kill that bad bacteria, and had a colonoscopy and upper GI this morning. Results of both were A-OK.

Dr. said once the C-Diff is under control she'll begin gaining weight. One in 11 people over 65 who have C-Diff die. It's very common in nursing homes and retirement homes, and hospitals, due to ease of transmission.

Edited by rayin

Best wishes to all you guys.  I'll be 82 next Bday, have had one bout with CLL (from two tours in VN) and the D/W said I'm too old to drive....so, rather than argue, put the bus on the market.  Had it appraised, came back at $250k, now asking $219k.  Had  a couple of serious lookers, but no offers.....except the ones for $150k.  The appraiser said it would be hard to sell in this market.  People are hesitant to pay a quarter of a mil for a toy.  He also said if it was 10 years older and $100k less it would go fast.  Maybe things will change after the election.

I can still drive fine as well, I think that was just an excuse to hang it up.  I finally gave up my FAA flight instructor rating in May, it seems if the FAA thinks I'm okay, she would too!  A while back I had four treatments for CLL, but it does not affect my driving or anything else....yet.