hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Let's get together in Gillette.

We can meet at my coach for a Small Social. Be sure to bring your chair and whatever you would like to drink. Let's meet on Thursday the 19th around 5:00 pm at my coach I will post my location here on the 12th. This doesn't interfere with the Governing Board that meets on Wednesday the 18th.

Herman 

Thanks Jim, it appears I had the tape measure backwards. 

Message learned. I hated to lose it  The last I saw there were 526 postings and most were very good, informative and socially funny. However it was probably time to start fresh, nobody would go back 26 pages and read 526 post.

Now Remember if you are in Gillette don't forget Thursday the 19th. Come by my coach and meet some characters. I will post my Location on Thursday the 12th. Come meet the man that deletes his own Topic.   :wub:

15 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Made a mistake and the old Topic got deleted. Sorry. So lets start a new one.

Herman

What! Fast fingers. I would go to the beginning each time I logged on and read from the beginning. I'm a speed reader, don't-cha-know,

Wow My spell check misses one word and I get a big lecture. I wonder what 26 pages and 526 post inadvertently deleted would have gotten me?:P

Bill

Back to Herman’s invitation. Will try to get there. Thank you. 

Ross

PS: I think the forum was way to big. Once wondering off the original topic, a new topic should be started. One can always go back if a comment is pertinent to the original topic. 

Ross.  The TOPIC, was no topic!  Brett suggested that we moved over to General for anything that was not related to a specific answer to a OP!  Herman started the...who, what,where when, etc, here!  I think it was back in 2015.

WBill....you don't want to know!!! :P

Herman.  We will be in Governance Sec., the 16th on Full H/U. Don't have a site # yet.

Sorry, would love to meet you and your "new family addition!  We fly to Denmark for a cruise the 10th...from Houston, TX.

No need to ever be sorry with me Carl. Enjoy the trip and we'll catch up with ya somewhere. Maybe at Marfa next spring. Watch out for the coffee shops over there and those left handed cigarettes. haha

Well just a general observation/truism. Everyone complains about how bad the roads are yet they all complain about the crews that are working to repair the roads. Personally I want to see more crews working. 

Bill

Bill.  I think we all would....my only question is.  You can't blame Winter in the South, so if you have the better part of 365 days to work, why start it just prior to a Major Holiday Travel? :ph34r::angry:

It's a diabolical plan aimed at you Carl by all of the states Highway Department. They know your travel plans and your routes so they know exactly where to start the roadwork.

☺😅☺

Herman 

12 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Well just a general observation/truism. Everyone complains about how bad the roads are yet they all complain about the crews that are working to repair the roads. Personally I want to see more crews working. 

Bill

I'd love to see more crews working. That would be far better than miles and miles of orange barrels with no workers in sight anywhere. We've got some projects that have set idle for weeks or months in places, but the the barrels just stay in place and cause problems. Other projects are crawling with workers, but there never seems to be any work being done.

It's called "Job Security,"

I-45 from Houston to Galveston: Workers have retired just working on that 40-50 mile of road.

Well I drove I-75 north from Dayton Ohio to Wayne Co MI. The road was great till we crossed the state line into MI. Then it was realey rough. 

Bill

11 hours ago, richard5933 said:

I'd love to see more crews working. That would be far better than miles and miles of orange barrels with no workers in sight anywhere. We've got some projects that have set idle for weeks or months in places, but the the barrels just stay in place and cause problems. Other projects are crawling with workers, but there never seems to be any work being done.

The one that gripes me is they know the road is rough so instead of fixing it they just put out a sign saying "rough road":angry:

Bill

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

The one that gripes me is they know the road is rough so instead of fixing it they just put out a sign saying "rough road":angry:

Bill

Thats less expensive than fixing the road!

Best part of the signage is that at least it warned you.  It's those rough roads with no indication at all.

Least they could do is fix the potholes.

Bill, what are you doing in my part of the world? I have to agree that Ohio has much better roads than Michigan. Have a safe trip.

Roland