hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

We are in AZ for the FMCA rally.

You know how they say to come in with empty tanks and full water? Well we at Voyager now trying to do that but the water is out in the entire park. They have been working on it for about 6 hours now. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Bill

Wow, Bill. And when it does come on every rv headed to the rally will be trying to fill up so it will take forever to buildup any pressure. 

Well it is 6:00 and it is back on and good preshure. I bet they issue some kind of CYA boil statement. I would bet after filling the whole system and I have seen a bunch spraying water out flushing their hoses. I would bet it is pretty well flushed out. LOL I have seen a steady stream of people headed to the shower houses.

Bill

On 3/18/2024 at 7:52 AM, erniee said:

Finally got our front fixed

PXL_20240315_195703839.jpeg

Toss some of your luck my direction. I took my MH to a different body shop that met Progressive's estimate, now Progressive is dragging their heels because this body shop requested a $7,000 supplement to finish the repairs. That supplement brings their estimate total up to near what the first body shop estimated.

April 5 will be 2 years without our MH.

Strange! I had two episodes with progressive and one was for $16,000 and not a bit of haggle.

The second was when Hurricane Harvey totaled the RV. Progressive paid me what I paid for it and I had it for 10 years, so go figure.

Why the difference between my claims and Ray's?

Progressive is not slow, I received a letter yesterday saying they have billed my CC for my auto-renewal of my MH policy that is due Apr. 21. Now if they'll just fix my MH; they've already sent me a check for $6,800 and marked my claim closed, but say nothing about the other $7,000, even though I've called 3 different men in the claims process, 1 is the manager, and haven't gotten a decision.

20 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

I hate insurances company's.

Bill

The adjuster called today to tell me they are still investigating. Well, it's good to know they haven't denied the supplemental. I wish my glass was half-full_ of brandy. That would mean I'm half-way to mellow. coolsmiley.gif.c7b5f4c415cb6915e105c46b0a8bf77a.gif

We drove to the RV body shop today and inspected the front cap work. It looks really nice, but they forgot the  Ultimate Freedom decal on the generator door.

Jumping back to their personnel problems. Today it was explained to me. Camping World had came in and replaced the old RV techs with their own techs and staff. CW even took the liberty of changing the old RV sales and service name to CW on all the internet search engines. This was before the deal was final, and the family that owns the business cancelled the deal and threw CW out. Then the family had to find and hire their old techs back, and when  the CW service writers left they didn't leave any files on the computers.

The woman in charge of the service dept. said she had about 30 RV's of all types but not even names of the owners, let alone why they were there. She had to run the license plates through DMV  to get owner names and addresses.

For me that locked the door. Now the only time I'll stop at a CW(super) store is for free over-night parking w/ elec.

Finally!!! Body work completed, new awning installed but wrong color. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Progressive denied replacing the damaged inverter, saying they would not replace an obsolete unit, for which there are no repair parts, and. the RV repair shop wanted too much money to replace the inverter with a new inverter.

I really can't blame Progressive, the repair shop quoted $4,000 to replace the Xantrex RS2,000W inverter. Hodges Marine is selling the current direct replacement Xantrex 2012 model for $1,537.

11 hours ago, erniee said:

Get in that baby and run away

I'd love to_but after sitting for 2 years the inside is terribly dirty. The  final repair item, the dash is broken where the front cap was jammed up into it, is yet to be repaired. I'm amazed it didn't break the windshield, it just caused a small leak at the top. Then we can bring it home for spring cleaning. I"ve yet to change the oil N filter, it's now been 3 years since the last service. we stayed home during the pandemic, then wintered in Ft. Myers Beach 21/22 winter, and on the way home the damage occurred.  So that motor oil has about 4,000 miles on it..

I'm hoping by Labor Day we can have everything ready to go for a "walkabout", as it's called in AU.

I know you are looking forward to getting on the road. 

I don't think the old oil will cause a problem, just change it and you are good to go.

Bill

We finished the AIM rally in Las Vegas and headed out. Made it to Williams AZ last night. Had bad side and head winds. We decided to stay an extra day in Williams at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park as that "dusting of snow" turned into about 6".
Something I never thought to ask about a RV park is how good is their snow removal plan. 
Headed to ABQ tomorrow.

Bill

On 3/31/2024 at 4:17 PM, wildebill308 said:

We finished the AIM rally in Las Vegas and headed out. Made it to Williams AZ last night. Had bad side and head winds. We decided to stay an extra day in Williams at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park as that "dusting of snow" turned into about 6".
Something I never thought to ask about a RV park is how good is their snow removal plan. 
Headed to ABQ tomorrow.

Bill

With that wind,I'm thinking huge snowdrifts. Hope you made the drive OK.

The snow in the park and around Williams mostly melted. But they had enough to close I-10 over by Flagstaff for a while. I am glad I could stay an extra day. 

In ABQ tonight at Enchanted Trails RV Park & Trading Post. The owner collects cars and vintage RVs. He also rents out some of the old trailers so you can stay in them. One I like is a old Hudson and proper period trailer hoked up ready to go.

Headed to Amarillo tomorow.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308