hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

11 hours ago, fagnaml said:

What the heck has happened to FMCA?  Everyone died??

Well yes acutely, that and aged out to where they are no longer active. 

I had hoped we would get some leadership this last time that better understood how to grow a non profit. You don't cut benefits. You grow membership.

Bill

Since most read this thread, I'm going to post here..

For those who pray, some prayers for my wife of 62 years Earlene who has been diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).

Thank you.

This is what she had to say:

Created on 10/22/23

I’ve had a pretty bad week and can tell you that I am being very positive.  I woke one morning in Shipshewana the last week of September with excruciating pain in my back but managed to make it home 2 weeks ago today.  I scheduled a visit with a spine doctor for the day after our return but it wasn’t until this past Wednesday that I had an MRI and on Friday received the diagnosis.  I have a broken back.  Meanwhile my primary sent me for a CBC on Monday and Tuesday morning an oncologist called me.  My platelets and white blood count are way out of whack.  I found out Wednesday that I have leukemia (AML).  It’s caught early (last panel was in March and no issue).  I had a bone marrow test at Methodist downtown on Friday.  These Methodist doctors do not waste time, I tell you.  I’ll learn more about course of action this week but have already started oral chemo.  I’ve known people who had leukemia for 10 and 14 years (only two I’ve personally known with it and considering I was a pretty active old gal, I’ve begun this with a step forward).  Obviously the broken back has brought me to my knees or should I say walker and back brace so walking is minimal.

I’ve been on oral chemo since Friday and start a round of chemo infusions of Azacitidine this Monday.  Sessions are for 5 days on, 28 days off, then rinse and repeat until my blood is back to normal.  Yes, this came totally out of the blue.  There were no symptoms or they were so slight as to be negligible.  Needless to say, prayers will be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------

Yep, lots of prayers please

Thanks Bill

Edited by wayne77590

Earlene, Just so you know I to have experience with Cancer. I did 47 rounds of radiation for prostrate cancer. I am doing good and Basically cancer free. Lets prey you have great results to.

Bill

11 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Since most read this thread, I'm going to post here..

For those who pray, some prayers for my wife of 62 years Earlene who has been diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).

Thank you.

I will do so my friend. Medical Science has advanced tremendously in the last several years, I wish her the best possible outcome.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:38 PM, fagnaml said:

Is it my imagination or during the last few months has the FMCA Forum totally collapsed.  As this moment (9:30 p.m. on 10/26) there are a whopping two folks logged int the forum - me and one other!  Is FMCA dead?   Should I renew my annual membership which expires on 10/31?

By contrast, iRV2.com currently has 7,000 members logged-in.   What the heck has happened to FMCA?  Everyone died??

The towables market is mostly younger people, who choose to use Facebook and Twitter rather than conventional discussion forums. When we were  younger this discussion forum was the only way to  stay in contact with other members.  The FMCA diesel club website is a wealth of  information for diesel MH's, but when was the last time  you visited? It's been at least 2 years for me, but then we are only a small fraction of the RV market.

Escapees.com is in the same boat with us, their Xcapsers Facebook page is booming with the  younger members but the discussion forums is fading at the same rate as the older members(yes we are dying off). I'm 80 and suspect my RVing days are almost gone, Instead of relaxing, now I find driving my MH a chore..

Which RV park, Tradewinds RV Park or Settlin' Inn RV Park? I did see a add for Adobe RV Park but didn't see it. Are you visiting on a trip or wintering?

Bill

Well___, it's been 19 months since our MH front cap was damaged; still hasn't been repaired but progress has been made. We are now waiting on the body shop to call and tell me when to drop it off for the repairs.  

Oct. 24,2023 a strong gust of wind ripped our 20' main awning off into the unknown. A new awning has been ordered but the supply chain is still very slow, so we are on hold for that repair too.. Right now our MH looks like a rolling wreck so we stay home mostly.

The bright side is, we've probably saved $10K  by staying home. If we ever get those things repaired by next spring we'll take a long slooow trip to somewhere. Perhaps the lighthouse tour of Michigan and the features/attractions of the UP would be a good starting venture.

Our MH is at an RV dealership now, they have a fiberglass body man that works there as needed. Progressive Ins. is OK with this arrangement so I agreed. The MH front cap and other small items should be done NLT mid-Jan.  When that is done, Jan, 30 it take it to a different RV dealership to have the 20' main awning replaced, that should take  2 days max.

After that I make a trip to Speedco for oil N filter changes for drive engine and genset engine, If I can't hire my neighbor to do that work. I need to clean all the woodwork inside.  Next is carpet cleaning, but I'll need warmer weather so the carpet dries properly.

After all that is accomplished she'll be ready to use by spring. I hope next summer we can do a lot of in-state camping,  I'm getting too old(81 Christmas day) to drive long-distances now. Well,  we do want to do the Michigan lighthouse grand tour and see the UP of MI attractions. Crossing the Mackinac Bridge will be a blast, high-profile vehicles have a special set of circumstances to follow.

Edited by rayin

Ray, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas.  I don't like to drive long distances earthier. 150-200 miles a day is plenty. I also like to travel every outher day. I don't have to be anywhere in a hurry. 

"high-profile vehicles have a special set of circumstances to follow." I don't remember any special rules last time I went across. It is a great view.

Bill

We have been in a lot of different campgrounds lately. It seems that 5th wheel manufacturers think that adding bright blue lights on the front of the rigs makes them look cool. At night they are very annoying. Is there any way to turn them off?

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

I know what you mean. Some RVs have bright lights on the front. There must be a switch to turn them off eaven if there is no brain to operate it.

Bill