hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Something else you might want to move on quickly. NIRVC 2024 Customer Appreciation Rally 1 @ The Ridge Outdoor Resort - Sevierville, TN. Look at the NIRVC website under events to sign up. I just got into #1. These are always amazing and fun. Monday, April 15, 2024 - Thursday, April 18, 2024
Good luck.
Bill

AC  had a rally at The Ridge in May.  Very nice park, but at $75 a bit steep, plus when coming south off I 40 you have to go through town.

1 hour ago, five said:

AC  had a rally at The Ridge in May.  Very nice park, but at $75 a bit steep, plus when coming south off I 40 you have to go through town.

66 down from I-40 is a good road most is 6 lane. I didn't find it a problem.

With the  Customer Appreciation Rally as with a AIM rally your site is included in the cost of the event. It is $595.00 for the  Customer Appreciation Rally. 

11 hours ago, five said:

I checked the Ridge reservations website last night, price was $108/night for pull-thru.

Yes many places have discounts for rallies. If you were going to the Customer Appreciation Rally it is included so you don't have to pay extra to stay there.

Yes I think prices have gone up at RV parks especially those in prime locations. 

Bill

My pet peeve with CGs is that now some charge the full amount when you make the reservation.  Plus, if you want to be able to cancel, at any time, there is a  higher rate, other wise you can't cancel at all.  I made a reservation at Catherine's Landing, a very nice CG in Hot Springs, AR, for mid October.  My CC was charged the full amount, nearly $500, when I made the reservation.  I recently made a trip out west in the toad and made several motel/hotel reservations.  I could cancel all if I called 24 hours prior to the day of check in.

Catherine's Landing is a nice place we stayed there in April. Yes campgrounds besides being more expensive have added some new wrinkles. You better ask before you make a reservation. The latest one is a add on fee to make a reservation.

Bill

We stayed at CL July 6-9. Yes, a very nice campground. When we called to make reservations they said they had a back-in site. We needed to visit friends so we accepted. Then they said that the price would be $300+ for the 3 nights. When I asked why the price was so high for just 3 days it was because it was he 4th of July week.

When we arrived I asked if they had a pull through cancellation. The gave me a pull through with no additional cost. The campground was about 25% full with many many open spaces for our entire 3 day stay.

I think greed got the better of the corporation for charging as much as they did trying to make up for empty sites.

Would I go back there, yes, but definitely not during a holiday weekend or week.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, erniee said:

Since the dictatorship on IRV2, putting me in time out, haven’t been back. 

I got my hand slapped for saying I live in a red state.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:08 PM, five said:

My pet peeve with CGs is that now some charge the full amount when you make the reservation.  Plus, if you want to be able to cancel, at any time, there is a  higher rate, other wise you can't cancel at all.  I made a reservation at Catherine's Landing, a very nice CG in Hot Springs, AR, for mid October.  My CC was charged the full amount, nearly $500, when I made the reservation.  I recently made a trip out west in the toad and made several motel/hotel reservations.  I could cancel all if I called 24 hours prior to the day of check in.

I just read their reservation page, quote: "Best Available Rate If your vacation plans are firm, lock in the best-priced rate available when you book your reservation for your desired accommodation type within a specific timeframe. The entire stay must be prepaid with a credit card when the reservation is made and will be non-refundable.

Peace of Mind Rate Our Peace of Mind rate is fully refundable less a 10% cancellation fee except during holiday periods. You may make ONE date change or cancel the reservation but this change must be made by 3:00 pm CST, 72-hours prior to arrival. "

Their "piece of mind rate" is the higher rate with a limited ability to cancel.  We have stayed at CL several times over the years.  Their rates get higher and the ability to cancel gets lower.  In the past three years we have had a break down of five days and a year ago a break down of 21 days.  Fortunately our reservations were with CGs that believed me when I called and told them of our delay, and did not hold us to, or require us to pay, for the reservations.  I think we're about done with CL.  This year's reservations are with a group rally.

Look at it from the campgrounds point of view. You have people who make reservations then cancel at the last minuet. Now the campground has lost the revenue for that period. Campgrounds have become big expensive businesses and have improved the quality of their sites and services. They are not, for the most part the mom and pop operation they use to be. Well at least in the South /West. Lots of little campgrounds in the N/E.

Bill 

We've been traveling for a month and we have yet to stay in a full park. The parks have been anywhere from 50% to 80% full and albeit they aren't "resorts", they have all been excellent parks in desirable areas. We have already decided that next year we will go back to the pre covid travel by the seat of our pants style.

We are in Berlin, Ohio at Scenic Hills RV Park and at 5PM on Sunday, the park is maybe 30% full. Friday and Saturday nights it was maybe 75% full. 

20 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

We are in Shipshewana, IN and right now it is a heat spell of 77˚. Come Tuesday morning it will be down around 55˚.

They claim with this cold front we won't make it to 100 tomorrow.

Bill