hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

On 8/13/2023 at 9:31 PM, wildebill308 said:

Well where is everyone? I hope you are up in cooler climates.

Bill

S. Indiana, where it was 79 today. Supposed to be in low 80's this week. The coming weekend will be mid 90's with high humidity in the 80's. Isn't this weekend the last NASCAR race?   DW just bought be a new leather recliner with all the options, I'll  have to stay inside this weekend and do some serious testing while the race is on TV.

I have 2 radiator fans. One broke. Got it replaced. Pecan limb decided to impale my air conditioner. Bought. New ones and waiting on some guys to help. 

9 hours ago, rayin said:

S. Indiana, where it was 79 today. Supposed to be in low 80's this week. The coming weekend will be mid 90's with high humidity in the 80's. Isn't this weekend the last NASCAR race?   DW just bought be a new leather recliner with all the options, I'll  have to stay inside this weekend and do some serious testing while the race is on TV.

Totally understand!!

Bill

8 hours ago, erniee said:

I have 2 radiator fans. One broke. Got it replaced. Pecan limb decided to impale my air conditioner. Bought. New ones and waiting on some guys to help. 

I forget, what is your MH brand and model, chassis?

16 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

He has a "floortravel!'

It’s been a great coach. M-11, 8 mpg. 229,000 miles, full tank of foreign oil

12 hours ago, erniee said:

It’s been a great coach. M-11, 8 mpg. 229,000 miles, full tank of foreign oil

That's  proof that you really do get what you pay for.

I like my M-11 but wish I could tweak it a little improve milage. It is hard to check milage the old school way because you have to take into consideration the usage of running the generator and Oasis. My milage that way is from 5-6 but the computer says 7-7.5. Wish I had acess to a Cummins computer for a afternoon.

Bill

Yes but this ISM is only tuned to 450 hp. I had Cummins put it on their dyno and they said it was within limits. Can't find their results sheet right now so don't want to say what it was. They ran it differently than any dyno I had ever seen or used. They ran it to a set rpm then added load. Rather than starting at idle and accelerating to max rpm.

No it is a light weight at MAX GVWR of 46,000lbs.

Bill

My coach weighs a little less than 40,000. First Cummins for me. Seems to work great for us. We just tow a Jeep Liberty.

FWIW, Cummins says their engines and Allison transmissions powering a MH is considered light-duty use. For comparison, Cummins says  those same combos powering a garbage truck is considered extreme-duty use for the sake of maintenance schedule.

Now that Labor Day is behind us. I have a question and maybe a challenge. How do we grow participation in FMCA and in the Forum’s? What are your ideas? 

Has anyone heard from the new President  Gary Milner?

Bill

He who lives full time on FMCA funds probably will not be much help. Members talking to perspective new members is still the best recruiting strategy. 

The governing board voted to institute a new member category called "Pathfinder". These are people that do not own an RV but are in the discovery stages. They will have full benefits as a a family member, FMCAssist included. They will pay the same dues as everyone else. This is supposed to generate a bunch of $$ which is desperately needed.

A few years ago, the FMCA forum was open to the public but there was a lot of BS going on. The decision was made to limit it to FMCA members only.Hard to compete with the number of other forums that have brand specific topics and paid sponsors.

Ideas welcome.

12 hours ago, rossboyer said:

He who lives full time on FMCA funds probably will not be much help. Members talking to perspective new members is still the best recruiting strategy. 

If you are taking a check from FMCA you need to be 100% FMCA 24/7 If you are "not be much help" you need to be replaced. 

Bill

12 hours ago, dons2346 said:

The governing board voted to institute a new member category called "Pathfinder". These are people that do not own an RV but are in the discovery stages. They will have full benefits as a a family member, FMCAssist included. They will pay the same dues as everyone else. This is supposed to generate a bunch of $$ which is desperately needed.

A few years ago, the FMCA forum was open to the public but there was a lot of BS going on. The decision was made to limit it to FMCA members only.Hard to compete with the number of other forums that have brand specific topics and paid sponsors.

Ideas welcome.

Well I just looked at the form online to join FMCA and it does not reflect any "Pathfinder" category. So how may have joined?

This is what the application says. 

RV Information
What type of RV do you own?    Motorhome   Towable
Please note - you must select one option to acknowledge you own an RV to be eligible for membership.

Bill

12 hours ago, dons2346 said:

So that isn't working. Why doesn't FMCA have paid sponsors?  Why don't they have brand specific topics? 
They tried this limiting to just members But now the forums are DEAD. Time for a change maybe back to the way it was, with some improvements. The forum is a good recruiting tool and should be used.  
Hear is a suggestion have a place on the forums where you can ask questions directly to the Presidents office and He can answer them. Do they have anyone directly monitoring the internet? 
Does FMCA have anyone trying to recruit Youtub influencers to promote FMCA? To join and possibly create chapters of their followers? Has anyone explained the benefits like the FMCA prayed insurance when you have a rally?  You do know some of them have more followers that show up at meet ups than FMCA and that is sad.
Bill

23 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

Well I just looked at the form online to join FMCA and it does not reflect any "Pathfinder" category. So how may have joined?

This is what the application says. 

RV Information
What type of RV do you own?    Motorhome   Towable
Please note - you must select one option to acknowledge you own an RV to be eligible for membership.

Bill

The new category was just voted on in Gillette. I'm sure the new format is being developed as we speak.  The IT guys were in Gillette so give them some time. The new "P" category will get everything a regular member will get except they will not get a goose egg and will receive the digital magazine only. I have no idea if any have joined but I'm sure if it goes over, it will be broadcast to the membership.

From the last rally attendance numbers, not only is the forum hemorrhaging but FMCA is generally fading away. I can only imagine the number of vendors will drastically decline at the next rally. 

Has anyone else noticed the number of single posters?  A member asks one question and never comes back to the forum. I can only attribute this to there being several excellent rv forums where if someone asks a question they will get sometimes dozens of answers. 

Edited by elkhartjim

2 hours ago, dons2346 said:

I'm sure if it goes over, it will be broadcast to the membership.

It needs to be broadcast where you can recruit new members. 

Bill

2 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Has anyone else noticed the number of single posters?  A member asks one question and never comes back to the forum.

I agree That is why I said they need to change things in the post above. You don't have to be to sharp to see there is nothing going on on the FMCA forums. 

Bill