hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Lights: Oh, but it's cool. Yeah, right!

A follow up video on that 18 wheeler shows he sheriff's department busting open that cab and dragging the guy out.

That was a 3 hour chase and standoff for those that didn't watch it.

Happy New Year everyone!

wildebill I've suspected the driver had a stroke ever since watching the video. I'd like to know. Read the write-up that accompanies the 2nd video: https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/12/27/deputies-shut-down-i-10-eastbound-at-sheldon-after-chase-involving-18-wheeler/

The driver had no reaction to the tear gas shot into the cab, IMO that is a sure sign he had a medical issue that prevented some reaction.

Edited by rayin

Hey wildebill, Here's the latest on my MH front cap repair. Took it to a different body shop  13 Dec, they  said it would be repaired in 2 weeks. I called 2 weeks ago to get a progress report, and was told 2 more weeks it would be finished.

I called today and a different woman answered the service dept. phone. She asked my name and said she'd have to find out and call me back; she never did so I called just before they closed. She said repairs had not been started and they'd had a 100% turnover in their service dept.

Now I'm wondering if my MH is caught up in a bankruptcy or something???  If this is a nightmare I hope to wake up soon.

I’m taking mine to a place in Nacogdoches- Marine clean. They are going to fix me up for 11 grand 

IMG_1214.jpeg

erniee, make me feel bad I had almost forgot about your problem. 

Have you talked to NIRVC 498 E State Hwy 121,Lewisville, TX 75057, 
469-277-1330, info@nirvc.com

They did my coach when I had the awning ripped off and you can't find/see anything was done. They actually have a better paint booth than Newmar factory.

Wish Ray lived closer.

Bill

6 hours ago, erniee said:

I’m taking mine to a place in Nacogdoches- Marine clean. They are going to fix me up for 11 grand 

IMG_1214.jpeg

Now I don't feel so bad, my front cap damage will cost close to $6,400 to repair.

Glad you had good luck with them. My son bought a motorhome from them last year and didn’t have the same service you had.

What was the problem? Never mind just have him call Brett Davis at 972-740-5065. He wants to know about problems. Tell him I said to call. That is a direct line to the owner of NIRVC.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

He just gave up and fixed it himself. Hydraulic line from front to rear. He bought a new line and routed it. He’s 51 and can do things like that.

finally have my coach getting the front fixed after the deer hit last September 

On 2/20/2024 at 7:59 PM, wildebill308 said:

Ray are they making any progress?

Ernie did he call? What kind of problem did he have?

Bill

I''m told the body work is finished. Now Progressive is contemplating whether or not they will  pay the added $4,400 to replace the Xantrex inverter that was broken by the impact. Meanwhile, a different RV shop has the new replacement main awning laying around awaiting my MH's arrival, I was supposed to have it there Jan 30 for installation Jan 31. The service manager is nervous the new awning will be damaged before I can get my MH to them.

The damage was April 5, 2022, so we've been without our MH for nearly 2 years now. I just may drive over(60mi) to the body shop Friday to see what's actually happened.

I think i discovered the reason behind the delay in repairing my MH at Edmondson RV: https://investor.campingworld.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2023/Camping-World-Set-to-Acquire-Edmundson-RV/default.aspx

Their phone is still answered Edmondson RV when I call, but that explains the 100% personnel turnover I was told of The first of Feb.

Edited by rayin

Exterior body repairs are completed,, they forgot the damage to the dash in the starboard corner and the Xantrex inverter that was ruined by the big jar, that was an additional $7,000 suppliment to the original exterior damage estimate of $6,500. Now the body shop is waiting on Progressive to approve the additional $7K. With any luck I'll get my MH back by April. Then I take it to a different RV repair shop for a new main awning, which only takes one day, and they've had the new awning since Jan. 30..(different claim)

If there is a upside, I've had full use of my RV garage for working on my farm tractor this winter. I've narrowed that down to needing a new carb. @ $500, after spending $150 to replace the ignition system-which was not the problem.

Edited by rayin

Yes I can rebuild it, but it will  take a lot of time the way my hands shake. It is a Zenith brand updraft carburetor, on a 1972 Massy Ferguson 135  farm tractor. The engine is a factory conversion of a 3 cyl Perkins engine from diesel to gasoline.  And NO, it isn't a recreational vehicle, JIC anyone is curious. 🚜

I'll pick a nice warm day, setup a table next to the tractor in my RV garage and rebuild the carb after the rebuilt kit arrives. This must made me remember, I haven't yet tested the distributor for a short to ground. I've already found the wire from the voltage regulator to ignition key worn bare in one spot, stopped there and failed to do a complete search under the dash for more shorts, or even check out the regulator contacts.  Years ago I bought a complete service/rebuild manual for my tractor, should have been consulting it all along.

Lets hope you can find something simple and easy to fix.

One of the first tractors I had any experience with was a neighbors John Deer. I don't remember what model but you had to open the compression release valve on the cylinder (2 opposed) and start it by turning the flywheel by hand. I am pretty shure that Osha would frown on that now.

Bill