Sign in to follow this  
robandbarb

Loose mirror on Thor Aria Motorhome

Mine have a hunk of wood glassed in behind where it attaches to the coach with large screws.

If the the screws are just loose just tighten them up. If striped them you may consider drilling through and attach with a Stainless Steel bolt with a fender washer and nylon insert lock nut.

Herman

On a previous motor home, I had to use bolts all the way through. Added stainless steel plates on the inside and outside because the mirror was cracking the fiberglass. 

If the screw is stripped, you can also use a toothpick as a shim....I have several in my coach. :rolleyes: Or get a bigger screw, same thread but thicker! 

Rob, isn't your 2018 Thor Aria 3401 still under warranty? 

I would be taking it back to the dealer to fix before I started drilling holes and adding steel plates.

just a thought..

24 minutes ago, IanBullock said:

Rob, isn't your 2018 Thor Aria 3401 still under warranty? 

I would be taking it back to the dealer to fix before I started drilling holes and adding steel plates.

just a thought..

Ditto...…………………………………………………………………………..

Items like this that make me just want to shout !  The builders cut corners to keep the price down so they can compete with the market, but if things keep coming apart, How long before they are history. 

Thing to keep in mind is Buyer beware  and quite often one gets what they pay for. Then again in today's market when the company departments know there are issues - the top brass just will not except any negative feedback.  Appearance and appeal will sell anything.

Rich. 

Warranty,  take it to factory service center and have the coach sit there for a month or 6 weeks or longer for a loose screw.

Sad but true. 🤐

I'm sorry for the sour grapes. 🙁

Herman 

Call Velvac...if it's an easy fix, do it yourself,  if difficult, take it to the dealer.

I have velvac mirrors that look very much like the posted website mirror, except there is no setscrews on the cover where it attaches to the coach. There is a 3/8 machine bolt with 9/16 head underneath that cannot be seen unless you bend down and look upwards, this holds the mirror arm on and in place. I have to remove that bolt and lift the entire arm with mirror head, the electric wires have a quick disconnect that you pull out with the assembly. With this removed, simply grasp the chrome covering and pull straight out, this gives access to the bolts/screws that hold the mounting bracket to the coach. If this is like yours, I hope that it helps in case you are not near a Thor repair center.