cwswine

Verizon New Non Capped Unlimited Service.

1 hour ago, CWSWINE said:

Looks like Verizon has changed their unlimited plan policy of capping the data.  Here is the announcement:

Looks like more gobbly gook from Verizon. I use them only because of better coverage in my area. Although I sure hope it works out.

That is interesting that the "announcement" would be on that site but nothing on the Verizon app yet.  My account still is giving me the number of days until I hit the 22 gigs and my data speed will be reduced on my mifi.

If you read the details, your existing does not change, you must go to prepaid and direct pay to get the uncapped deal. Our present plans are post paid, just think how many billions of $ this will generate for the company by going to prepaid and also auto pay by ach instead of billing.

We are on a auto pay monthly plan.  I guess it is still different than that?  I went all through the Verizon site and there is no mention of anything like this being brought out?

I saw this discussion this morning and went to my Verizon store immediately.  I have 2 phones with 8Gig currently with Verizon. At the store the young man showed me I could get unlimited on both phones and unlimited MIFI for nearly the price I was paying for 2 phone and 8Gig.

The Jetpack was $179, a bit pricey, would have been $99 if I had bought on 2 year purchase contract.  Also my Verizon agent assured me I can turn off/on my jetpack service, for months I don't travel.  If you call to reactivate you may be threatened with a $10 reactivation fee but assured if I went to the store it would be free to reactivate. 

I would recommend a trip to your Verizon store.  Guess I should visit them more often.

Larry

2010 Haulmark Motorcoach

2017Jeep Cherokee-toad

racing vintage Formula Ford race cars

I got the 8800L Jet Pack last month, paid the $179.  5GB and so far, no slow down at all.  No pre paid, my account will be drafted the 27th of this month. *****automatic Microsoft window 10 downloads, take 6+ GB's a month...we have found no way to stop it, so I had to get more GB's than my old Verizon 5GB plug in...$3 per month difference.  I'm happy!

I am currently experiencing the slow down since for the first time I have exceeded the 25G and it is making it very difficult to do anything, I cannot open Gmail and my wife cannot play some of her games or get onto facebook. My son visited us for Thanksgiving and he downloaded some games on his computer which ate all of our data. He was not aware we would be throttled down after 25G. Not liking this at all and I have another 2 weeks to deal with is before we start over, why isn't unlimited just what it says unlimited, this is really upsetting and has me rethinking my provider choice.

Unlimited is a poor choice of terminology!  Noting wrong with provider.  Use your phone or ipad as another hot spot for 2 weeks!  Linda, get's 25 on each device...I get 2, no phone!

I still have the original Verizon Unlimited, it's actually on my service a total of 22 gig, or 15 per device before the 4g reverts to the socalled 3g, 3g is supposed to be 700 mbps, but mine reverts about 60. I contacted Verizon this morning to try to change over to the new plan, which is supposed to be truly unlimited on your myfi device, not your phone. But was told that they would be glad to do this if I will pay $125.00 termination fee or just wait till my contract expires 07/21/19, I opted to wait till then to save that $125.00, but I will be taking care of this on 07/22/19. Fortunately ATT/Directv has come to my rescue at home and install U-verse at a reasonable monthly charge, this service was not available at my home until 5 months ago. Speed is only 6 mbps, so I currently use load sharing/load balancing on a router which increases the speed to about 35 mbps, only thing now is it drops drastically to 6.5 after the 15g is used on the myfi device, at least I can stream in HD for about 10 days per month now.

There are plenty of videos on youtube talking about the new uncapped Verizon Hotspot plan.  $65 is prepaid if you let them take your money on auto pay.  I signed up to FMCA just to get the unlimited Sprint hotspot and then Sprint's nearest tower to my vacation home went to crap mid summer so I sent back the FMCA supplied Sprint Hotspot.  I'm sure that Verizon would have a better coverage and speeds and now that it's unlimited FMCA needs to negotiate to get that available for us at an even better price than the $65.

Well, apparently FMCA has recently gotten an "unlimited" Verizon hotspot plan for $49.99 but, the caveat is that

Is there a data threshold?

There is no data limit within a given billing cycle. However, you will see decreased speeds upon 25GB of usage in a given billing cycle. Slowdown speeds will range between 70 kbps – 2.7 mbps. Normal 4G LTE speeds will resume at the beginning of the new billing cycle.

2.7 Mbps is not bad but, 70 kbps is pathetic.  Remember when we had 56k modems?  70 kbps is just a tad faster than dialup?  That is not worth $50 a month and you will use up 25 GB in a week or less of streaming 1080p video.  I mean dang, I'd sign up for it if it weren't throttled to such a slow speed.  70 kbps - 2.7 Mbps is a very wide range.

8 hours ago, KE4RZ1 said:

Remember when we had 56k modems?

Yes, I also remember 300 bps modems, lay the receiver of the phone in the cradle of the modem. I agree that 70 kbs is pathetic.

I've got the FMCA Verizon plan, and we've been pleased with it.  However, Verizon is pretty strict on the slowdown at 25gb.  When you hit that, it slows down to almost unusable speed.  Even downloading email takes forever.  We don't stream anything, and are very judicious with our internet use, so 25gb usually covers our needs.  However, even though our PC's are set as metered connections on Windows, the forced update downloads sometimes eat up our bandwidth.  Having to do 3 or 4 days on slow speed at the end of our service month is truly a bummer.  When our current contract period is up, I'm definitely switching to the new prepaid Verizon plan.

The new prepaid works for Linda and I.  2 months now and no slow down at all.  What difference does it make, if it's pre paid or not?  You pre pay for insurance, coach, car etc.

So the new Verizon Unlimited plan through FMCA is throttled badly but, the Prepaid Unlimited plan through Verizon isn't?  FMCA needs to work on their negotiations with Verizon it sounds like to me.

37 minutes ago, KE4RZ1 said:

So the new Verizon Unlimited plan through FMCA is throttled badly but, the Prepaid Unlimited plan through Verizon isn't?  FMCA needs to work on their negotiations with Verizon it sounds like to me.

Read the fine-print. Let us know if the Prepaid plan is REALLY unlimited HIGH-SPEED, or throttles back as most do.

Here is more info on the New Unlimited plans and reviews.  Plus NO Contract so not stuck if something better comes along

On 11/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, manholt said:

I got the 8800L Jet Pack last month, paid the $179.  5GB and so far, no slow down at all.  No pre paid, my account will be drafted the 27th of this month. *****automatic Microsoft window 10 downloads, take 6+ GB's a month...we have found no way to stop it, so I had to get more GB's than my old Verizon 5GB plug in...$3 per month difference.  I'm happy!

To stop automatic windows updates on windows 10 when using a cell connection, do the following while connected to your cell/hotspot/jetpack:

Go to windows settings

Select "Network and Internet"

Select "Change Connection Properties"

Change the slider that says "Set as metered connection"

Done!

You may get nag messages about system and antivirus updates, but it gives you back control over when they occur.  This needs to be done for every wifi source you use, such as each hotspot, your phone or the spouse's phone.  Any new wifi that you connect to such as a friends S&B wifi or the library will then run all your updates .

Cheers,

Dave 

We've got the prepaid plan mention in the first post and its plan number Verizon #28366.  We are running two smart TVs on Netflix and have exceeded 57 gigs of downloading.  There is network management according to the sales rep but we have had zero slow down but there isn't a hard cap at 22 gigs.  We ran two computers and IPad on youtube and two smart TVs on Netflix and NO BUFFERING.  So far it works and 70 bucks a month with 5 dollars off for prepay.  We purchased the Verizon Jetpack MiFI7730L which supports 4G and 3G LTE with 15 connections and external antenna.  It said on the website it was out of stock but the local store and them in stock. 

We were told that there are 22 cities they are rolling out 5G in the first quarter of 2019 and for 50 bucks month you can it installed in your home to replace your home internet service.   Samsung supposes to have phones and hotspots out that will run 5g first quarter of 2019 and Apple probably won't announce anything till fall of 2019 or 2020.

We over 120 Gig used on new Prepay Verizon Jetpack and still can watch Netflix on two TVs with one them running  4K and still post this message and all of it over the Jetpack.

Kay, Linda had the same, she got the new one and just extended the contract....I'm not on any contract, so I just pre paid, happy camper!