mandalay3

water coming in slides

Until the problem is corrected, when it rains lower that slideout side of the coach a few degrees to prevent water intrusion.

It's also possible that you have a leak in the roof top seam of your slide. Its possible for the water to leak behind cupboards and furniture and then come out onto the floor. This happened to me. 

Would suggest you get the slides roof top seams resealed. 

Like Herman said, I would check your seals. I ran into this problem a couple of years ago. It had been raining and I brought the slides in. well when I pulled forward off the spot it sloped down pretty bad. Well I got at least a quart of ice cold water down my neck and back. It felt more like 5 gallons. I now use the levelers to tilt the coach to drain the top of the slide before bringing it in. 

Bill

Every slide has a grove & weep hole on floor, front & back...mud dobers love to build a nest in there!  However I like Herman's thought also!

4 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Like Herman said, I would check your seals. I ran into this problem a couple of years ago. It had been raining and I brought the slides in. well when I pulled forward off the spot it sloped down pretty bad. Well I got at least a quart of ice cold water down my neck and back. It felt more like 5 gallons. I now use the levelers to tilt the coach to drain the top of the slide before bringing it in. 

Bill

Yeah that's happened to me too, once or twice! 😁

2 hours ago, IanBullock said:

Yeah that's happened to me too, once or twice! 😁

You would remember the number, i know I do, once! This old dog learned a new trick that day.

Linda got nailed in Viking Village RV Park, Newfoundland...that's some COLD water.  Sounded like a pig that's been butt shoot.  Not a happy lady! 🤬:lol:

On my coach during the winter a couple of years ago water accumulated on the slide top  and froze. The weight must have stretched the material because anytime it rains water continues to accumulate there so before I bring my slides in I climb up on the roof with a broom and remove the accumulated water. My slide seals and wipers look to be in good shape it is just too much water coming down if I down remove it first.

Does anyone think I can have the slide topped tightened so I don't have to do this anymore, not my favorite thing to do but...

I recently tightened the tension on the slide toppers and found it to be a relativity simple task if you have basic mechanical skills.  You can fine several detail instructions on U TUBE that lead you thru the process.  

Jim

Carl, sneak up on the topper tightening, I had that water pooling problem with our last 5er. I had it tightened under warranty at the dealer. When I used the 5er again, the topper was so tight the top would not extend fully, had about a inch difference between top and bottom. That caused a return to the dealer. I suspect it was tightened when retracted and not tested.

Some folks use an inflatable beach ball under the topper during rain/snow.

11 hours ago, Mypopslou said:

Does anyone think I can have the slide topped tightened so I don't have to do this anymore, not my favorite thing to do but...

I think you can still get water on top of the slide even with realey tight toppers. Try tilting the coach like I do. I had new toppers put on at Minot and still drain the slides.

Bill

Not a lot of rain fall comes straight down and then factor in wind.  It can get under the toppers if rain is slanted towards the side of the topper or wind blows the rain under the topper.  As stated, tilting the coach, which is recommended by my Mfg, can alleviate the rain collection on the topper. For under the topper it may be necessary to elevate front or back of coach/RV to get the rain to roll of from under the topper.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

However, ice adds another dimension...you got to break it up first, on top of topper & under, we use a long handle, soft bristle broom, with a towel wrapped over the head and held in place by a elect tie.  We do one slide at a time, once it's broken up, use the 700 psi setting to wash it away & bring in slide!  Being in Texas, I waited until noon and let the sun do the drying...next morning it froze again, but we only had one bedroom slide out.

Wayne, your right...rain, like snow moves around.