huffypuff

Our Holiday Travel Misadventure-- So Far

I hope your trip is a great adventure this year.

I'm going to point out something for you to consider. The map you published looks like it may include your home address, if so, you've just notified the world through this public forum where you live and you won't be there for several weeks beginning this Saturday. There are those in this world that appreciate having this information so they know they won't need to hurry emptying your home of your worldly possessions.

Puff, if you are headed to here to visit your brother let me know, perhaps a dinner meet up is in order. Ill grab Keon and we can hang out talking coach RV stuff :D.

Ill PM you my cell number again just incase you do not have it anymore.

Joe

Wayne.  Ray lives on a small Island off the coast of WA.  where everyone knows each other, not much tourism there over the next couple of months, just family get together for the holidays!

One way in/out. :)

12 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray, you need to teach Tuffy to read, then he would be to busy deciphering the above goobly goop, that caust my eyes to cross, no time for him to run away!:lol:  Watch out for sleet, slush, ice and snow...Good Luck!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Tuffy was found. I started up the RV yesterday to air up the tires and and he thought we were leaving without him. So he got into the RV and hid in the back.  He is back to his old self again.  

11 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I hope your trip is a great adventure this year.

I'm going to point out something for you to consider. The map you published looks like it may include your home address, if so, you've just notified the world through this public forum where you live and you won't be there for several weeks beginning this Saturday. There are those in this world that appreciate having this information so they know they won't need to hurry emptying your home of your worldly possessions.

I deleted it.  Maybe some other time I can figure out to post only map

10 hours ago, jleamont said:

Puff, if you are headed to here to visit your brother let me know, perhaps a dinner meet up is in order. Ill grab Keon and we can hang out talking coach RV stuff :D.

Ill PM you my cell number again just incase you do not have it anymore.

Joe

We are going to Delaware but not sure if we will make it to PA.  The boss sits in the right seat.  :lol:

2 hours ago, huffypuff said:

We are going to Delaware but not sure if we will make it to PA.  The boss sits in the right seat.  :lol:

Yeah, I am in the same situation  :lol:

Huffy,

Does it matter where she sits? Me bets she is still the boss even when you are sitting outside.

Carl,

Been there done that Island a few times...Forgot to look up HuffyPuff the last time there.  Next time I'll not be so forgiving.

20 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Huffy,

Does it matter where she sits? Me bets she is still the boss even when you are sitting outside.

Carl,

Been there done that Island a few times...Forgot to look up HuffyPuff the last time there.  Next time I'll not be so forgiving.

Yes, she could be in the back sleeping and still give direction.  

Linda, does that to me, even when I'm in my coach & she's in hers! :lol:  I should never have gotten the 2 Cobra's....good for 5 miles and hand held. :( They are handy at National Rally's, if she remembers to turn it on! :blink:

Been on the road since Saturday and already having problems.  First the Aladdin system quit all together.  Rather than to find the  fuse i hooked the three cameras direct to the LCD monitor with rear being default.  The aladdin system was so unreliable that I don't miss it.  As for the turn signal being  side cameras I decided to leave them as manual.  That way i can keep an eye on the toad during the lane change.  The mirrors are set up right so I'm aware what is on the side of the coach so I don't rally need side cameras.  

I tried wazes gps and is a bust,  It keeps shutting down so many times for no apparent reason.  Had to use google maps to get to where I'm going.  I ended up destroying the coach long rock guard pulling into a service station to reset the Wazes.  I wonder if it would be best to take it off.  The coach already have mud flaps.  

The tire monitor keeps going off and i stopped several times and check tire pressure and they are fine.  The tire pressure monitor appears to be 10% higher than the tire reading.  I may try to change the batteries but I don't think that would help.  

I'm at Ft Bliss, TX right now and leaving in the morning.  I probably end up somewhere near San Antonio tomorrow.    

Ray.

Keep an eye on the weather as you travel to San Antonio!  We are in Bandera and it's cold/windy!  Keep the rubber on the ground

Herman.

Monday am, yes!  Have a few things that I postponed due to time constraint, remember the big crack in front windshield?  It's longer!  Linda has a electrical problem and water pump.   Currently doing the Christmas Rally with Alzafar Shriner's RV Club! 

Quick update, We in Charlotte Motor Speedway and made it no further problem.  Going to Wilmington NC tomorrow and from there to Dover AFB from the 25 - 1.  

Good Morning Ray ! If you are where I think you are, over the next few days - it might be just a little white. 

The weather is not bad for the next 12 hrs. maybe? Then the next 5 to 6 days temps will drop into the teens and single digest not to far north of you.

Rich. 

Ray. 

Don't push it to fast, I would not want to be North of Roanoke Rapids, NC right now! :( We just had another nasty storm in Amarillo, Dallas and all of Oklahoma and Arkansas yesterday...heading your way!  Please be careful.

Merry Christmas

Wow finally a connection that will allow me to sign into the forum.  Other connection would allow me in home page but told me to create account to go in to forum.  Then said my account exist but no access.  I email admin but no response to fix. 

I'm now in Dover AFB since Monday night.  When we got there for some reason the inlet to fresh water pump froze and shot the last water out then pump cavitate.  I hooked up street water hose and that got us through the night then the hose froze and so did the hydrant handle.  For some reason the cold weather package was not working in the basement and the hydrant heat tape cord was not long enough to plug in the pedestal.  That morning I went to the exchange on base and picked up a 6' extension cord, adapter and small ceramic heater. 

I plugged in the hydrant heat tape and it didn't take long to get it going again.  I hooked up the hose after thawing it out in the shower stall to the blowout to prime the water pump.  Then I fill the fresh water tank and install the small ceramic heater in the basement to keep the pipes and water pump warm.  Since we have full water and gray and black tanks were low we are good to the 1st of the new year.  Then we will be heading south hopefully to FL within a couple of days. 

When we was in Charlotte, NC I finally replace the entire porch light and LED bulb.  That gave me so much trouble last year and quits again this year.  The finishing touch will be when I get home is to paint the white plastic to match the coach.   I think the problem with the cold weather package is the thermostat that turns it on and off.  The main switch is on and I haven't ever seen it active.  I wonder if I can replace that with a surface mount thermostat? 

20 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

I think the problem with the cold weather package is the thermostat that turns it on and off

The official name of that bugger is blank in my mind, some sort of snap ring comes to mind. I am not familiar with them other than reading all of the complaints about its design and frequent failures. You have a photo of it?

Huff,

My freeze protection heater doesn't work either.  My coach is a HR Endeavor 04 I can turn the heater to activate it but the red light never indicates when the thermostat calls for heat.

I removed the heater and  I found the printed circuit unit board has failed.  I bypassed the PC board and made it work manually.

My heater is 12 v, 300 watts. The brand is CARGO BAY, no parts, no longer in production.

Jim

I don't think it's the heater itself but there is suppose to be a thermos disk behind the big white plastic wall.  It's just a one wire in and out to tell the unit to turn on.  Seems like a simple thermostat can replace it.