I have a 2015 RV with a Cummins/Onan generator does anyone know where the drain plug and oil filter are to change I looked underneath and behind the front cover but can't find either. I have installation guide but no owners manual.

Thanks, I went on Cummins/onan website and found what I need the only problem is it list two different oil viscosity's 15w-40 or SAE30.

How do I determine which one I need? No oil filter involved. Got spark plug # and air filter # and found where to drain oil.

Any idea which oil would be the best?

Thank you very much Ray that was very helpful saved the links incase I need the info again, But I still don't know what viscosity to use 15w-40 or SAE 30 is it a personal preference or is the climate you drive in, how often you use generator, I Don't Know

With a lot of help I was able to find the drain plug and change the oil on the generator.

Thank you to those who replied.

I strongly suggest you exercise (run/operate) the generator under at least 50% load one hour per month. I assume your dealer is getting you an Owners Manual since its a 2015 model, if not, Google it, print it out and read it for general information.

I strongly suggest you exercise (run/operate) the generator under at least 50% load one hour per month. I assume your dealer is getting you an Owners Manual since its a 2015 model, if not, Google it, print it out and read it for general information.

Yes we do run it. I also drive it at least once a month for about 60-70 miles.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Jim I posted the link to the owners manual so no more needs to be done except to download and save the PDF file.

Let me stir the pot a little. I recommend the 15-40 as you are cover what ever the conditions are. I also recommend using Mobil 1 full synthetic for the extra protection.

Bill

Since the pot is still simmering, 15-40 for year round should be best. But I would not go full synthetic for a couple of changes, I would use 50 regular, and 50 synthetic the first oil change, 25 regular, 75 synthetic next time around, then

full from then on. This gives the engine a chance to acclimate to the generosity of full synthetic.

I ran 15W40 in our's when we had the gasser. It was a Microlite 4000 Onan. Seemed like the best fit for all seasons, I had called Onan at that time and they recommended it.

Just my two cents :) .

Joe