hermanmullins

Air Pressure Alarm On Monaco Dynasty

I just started the coach. The low-pressure alarm sounded as normal. When the pressure reached past 80 psi, it did not go off. When it reached 130 psi, the alarm would not go off. When I shut off the engine, the pressure dropped to approximately 110 and holds there. I cycled the parking brake several times and restarted the engine, and the alarm came back on. I have to leave Wednesday a.m. for Conroe. Ideas welcomed.

Herman,

In the morning, call Monaco and ask them:

Where is the low pressure sensor located?

What is the PN?

Check the sensor to wire connection-- good chance it is a bad/corroded connection.

If not, see if you can find it locally (give you 90% chance of finding it).

That switch is located right at the parking brake switch. It is tee in and has about three wires to it. I had opposite problem as mine wouldn't light the dash light. Then everything that require the parking brake to be on wouldn't work like the leveling jacks.

The switch is a Nason SM-1C-66R/WP28 and can be ordered from one of the following:

Cross Company 866-219-8217Sunsource 800-228-5800Flow Dynamics 205-581-1200Hydraulic Energy Products 800-800-3471Fluid Power Equipment Co., 877-471-8999Hydraulic Controls in Phoenix 602-278-6088

emerbrakeswitch

I had that problem, put in a spare that I keep handy and it didn't stop. I took it to a shop and they said they found a blown fuse so if replacing the switch as Ray says doesn't do the job, the next thing is to check fuses. I don't know which fuse, didn't think to ask, just glad to have the alarm off!

Bill, Thanks for the confidence.

Ray, Thanks for the location and numbers.

Tom, You are up way too late, will be out just as soon as it is day light to check the fuses.

Gentlemen THANKS.

Herman

If you can't solve the problem in time to leave Wednesday AM find the buzzer module under the dash. It is easily unplugged and a replaceable part. As long as you have the warning light on your panel you are good, unless regs have changed. Position your seat and adjustable steering wheel to be able to easily notice the warning light with a visual sweep of the panel which should be done frequently anyway.

Gentleman, thanks for all your suggestions. I found out the problem was not the air pressure alarm. It turned out to be the low water alarm. Found a severe leak in the radiator. Will be at a motel in Conroe.

Thanks again for all the quick response from everyone.

Herman

Gentleman, thanks for all your suggestions. I found out the problem was not the air pressure alarm. It turned out to be the low water alarm. Found a severe leak in the radiator. Will be at a motel in Conroe.

Thanks again for all the quick response from everyone.

Herman

What is leaking? Where? How did you get a big leak sitting at home?

Bill

Bill,

It appears that it is leaking from the rear some where. Brett and I have been communicating by PM and one idea he had was to tighten the bolts at the bottom of the radiator. I did added water and it looked like it may have stopped. I placed a pan under where it was leaking. An hour later we had more then a gallon of fluid in the pan. Will be calling Source Engineering for a quote on a new radiator.

Thanks again for everyones help and ideas.

Leaving in a few minutes for Conroe, Truck and trailer loaded with Golf Cart and lots more.

Herman

Enjoy our Conroe weather. Its forecast to be in the high 50's Saturday morning and not much chance of rain. Should you need any local information while visiting, please feel free to contact me.

Ouch! Herman, hope you radiator is less expensive and can be repaired than mine. I had to have one of two rebuilt on mine in January this year, cost was $2104.00 and I did all labor for r&r.

Enjoy our Conroe weather. Its forecast to be in the high 50's Saturday morning and not much chance of rain. Should you need any local information while visiting, please feel free to contact me.

Aren't you going to join us at the FMCA 6 state rally?

South Central Area Rally

October 7 to 11, 2015

Lone Star Expo Center

Conroe, Texas

South Central Area website: http://www.sca-fmca.com

call (800) 543-3622

Bill

Aren't you going to join us at the FMCA 6 state rally?

South Central Area Rally

October 7 to 11, 2015

Lone Star Expo Center

Conroe, Texas

South Central Area website: http://www.sca-fmca.com

call (800) 543-3622

Bill

I didn't know about it until Herman started this thread. Maybe I can come out one day and meet some of you fine folks in person.

If you see a Red Lifted Golf Cart Stop me and we will try to visit. Look forward to meeting face to face the friends I have had the opportunity to meet here on the Forum. Visited with Rich and Brett in Madison.

Herman