krfrea

Michelin XZA3 + Evertread VS (new) X Line Energy Z

I am ready to order new 6 tires for the coach and called the Michelin dealer for prices. While chatting with him I ask about inventory and tire dates, he told me they had 136 in stock but from last year, so I asked when the next shipment would be coming in as I wanted tires from this year. He said they will no longer be making the XZA3 it will be replaced by X Line Energy Z. I asked but he didn't have any info on the new one yet.

So I am wondering if tireman or anyone else has any info. on the X Line Energy Z?

When I got my tires shipped fresh to the dealer they turned out a few months old anyway. If your tire dealer has them in stock ask them to see the date code before you approve the sale. Six months old when they get to the dealer isn't unheard of as RV tires are made in batches. If your tire dealer have them in stock they are ahead of the game. BTW I have the XZA3 Energy on my coach and love them.

I'm also looking at replacing my 8 tires to the XZA3 Good to know they are no longer going to make - I'll see if I can get December made tires. Otherwise, is there any information on these X Line Energy Z's that have been asked about?

I am waiting on XRV's --due sometime in March (back ordered) supposedly in production now.

You might find some information on inventory from this link, give them a call. (888) 410-0604

http://simpletire.com/about

Need to know the size and always ask about build date.

Not sure they offer the best price, but never hurts to ask and see where the tires might be sitting in stock.

Rich.

trishw,

You looked at the difference in the roiling resistance between the XZE and the XZA3 tires.

What the information means is one should get a little better fuel mileage with the XZA3 tires.

The Technical information can be kind of overwhelming the first time you start looking for replacement tires.

That is one of the reasons the forum tries real hard to help members!

The group wants to help people just getting started get and find useful information and answer any and all questions.

The site also offers this information when you click on the different tabs.

http://www.michelintruck.com/tires-and-retreads/selector/#!/info/x-line-energy-z

Welcome to the learning curve that everyone of us are still on, because things just keep changing. LOL

Rich.

Rich.  You are so right.  There is not much that is constant or un changing anymore....glad I got my 8 new once in 14' !  Wonder what I get in 20' or 21' ?:wacko::P

Was nice meeting you and Brett in Perry.

Carl

Looks like the info on the new Michelin has been posted.  Yes "Rolling Resistance" is what tire companies use to compare the fuel use efficiency for tires.  5% better between two tires does not translate to 5% better mpg but under controlled conditions I would think you would see some improvement.

Here is some general info on RR.  and Here on truck tire RR

There is no way to compare RR from one company to another as each company has it's own test conditions and specifications. However there is a way to compare tires using the new EPA "SmartWay" program. You can review the list Here. Basically you would get better MPG if all your tires meet the SmartWay regs than if your tires do not.

Well, I ordered my XZE3 tires - the Dealer I talked to didn't have any notification that this line has been discontinued. I'm getting ones date stamped from this February (2016).

I am looking to replace XZE2 tires.  Called Michelin and they are backordered and not in production.  I have 2 fronts that are showing some cracks and do not really want to wait.  Has anyone heard of Multi Z tires?   They are truck tires and I am concerned they would not be good for an RV?  They have plenty of those in stock and they qualify for the FMCA discount.  First time buying new tires.  I have  a Tiffin 2010 RED.  Its time!

So not start a huge debate, but why move from Michelin to Continental?  I suspect cost would be the factor, but is there a performance issue?  I will take a look and see the difference.   

58 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I would rate Continental as good as Michelin and there is the availability issue. 

Bill

Continental does not make tires in the size that I use.  Michelin 235/80x22.5 or Toyo 245/75x22.5.

3 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

Continental does not make tires in the size that I use.  Michelin 235/80x22.5 or Toyo 245/75x22.5.

275/70X22.5 is so close I doubt it would be noticeable.

Use a tool like this size comparator to see the difference in size.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Bill

I know people are high on the Toyo’s and Michelin for good reason but I went with the Continentals thru FMCA.  Purchased thru Conti dealer - Southern Tire Mart in Deer Park.  They went out of their way to find six new 10R22.5 from different stores.  Paid $50 per tire for M&B. NO SHIPPING CHARGE.  I’ve had Conti’s on a Cycle, Car & SUV and felt they were just as good as my Michelins or Bridgestones.  My MH’s tires were over 12 yrs old and I couldn’t go over 65.  Now it’s smooth and confidant at 75.  I had a couple of different reasons for choosing them:

> Continental’s are made right here in USA in a 2yr old manufacturing facility.  Toyo’s are made in Japan, Michelins mainly Brazil.

> Application specific – The HSR2’s are made for All Position, Regional, On/Off road hauling, People and Goods service.  Not a trucking tire.

> SR2 compete with Michelin XZE2, Goodyears-G661HSA and Bridgestone-R250F.  Actually wanted the Coach HA3 which is the same as Mich XRV or G670 RV, but not in my size.

> More line up to choose from specific to your needs.  Being 3 times the size of Toyo and slightly behind Goodyear, as German based I believe Conti’s designs are better in line with commercial usage since they can spend more money for research for demanding and extensive European standards.

> Europe requires that all tires are tested for Fuel economy, Road handling & weather, and lastly noise reading.  I attached the HSR2’s.

> Smartway Certified for Steer and Drive as Fuel Saving.

> Lastly, better price.  HSR2 list $536, paid $355. Toyo M170 $360+37ship. I paid $2550 total. 

I have no investment in Conti.  Spent over a month evaluating choices and based decision on my research and experience.  I attached their line-up comparison and people mover charts.   

continental-data-guide-data.pdf

hsr2 eu label.png

hsr2 sa eu label.png

ss-ct-people-data.pdf