MLnDavo

Transport Big Grill In Class A

Dave,

Get a 5th wheel toy hauler - but a lot of wasted space for just a grill. With that grill you will be welcome wherever you go.

No real advice on carrying that - I have a Weber Q2400 electric I just put in a storage bay.

If it is just the two of you why would you want to haul around a huge grill. The portable Weber's will cook almost all you can eat at one time. Also weigh equals lower MPG.

I'm getting into the grilling and smoking thing...not competitive level, but neighbors are real friendly when they smell the smoker fire up. I'll figure out something...Semper Gumby!

If it is just the two of you why would you want to haul around a huge grill. The portable Weber's will cook almost all you can eat at one time. Also weigh equals lower MPG.

We have the portable also...takes up lots less space.

Leave it at the lake house! With a note to neighbors, "You cook, you clean"! Or you can buy a Damon Outlaw and carry it in lew of a MC. Or tie it down on a Trike Hydra Lift. Your choice!

We always say, "there's no Dumb question" on the Forum! :lol::blink:

Car

Trike Hydra Lift! I couldn't remember what it was called.

Once you eat a reverse seared steak. A grill just isn't the same.

With the trike holding the grill, can I still flat tow jeep? How will the RV parks react to the smoke from smoker?

I would not foresee any problems with flat towing the jeep. I believe if anyone has a problem with smoke from a smoker, they do not understand what camping is all about.

I use a Traeger pellet smoker every time I go camping, it usually attracts other campers because it smells so good, and helps keep the mosquito's away. LOL

Like others though, I use a tabletop version for portability, can grill a great tasting steak, or pulled pork, or the best tasting babyback's around.

Some times an area may have a "Burn Ban" in effect. I have seen it so bad that in Oklahoma they even banned the sale of charcoal. a case such as that is the only time I can see where you might have a problem.

Now if your neighbor in the next camp site has all his windows open with his suction fan on, that might be another story. :wacko:

As for a carrier, you might look into one of those Power Chairs carriers that fit into your receiver hitch. You would most likely have to modify it some.

Herman

Davo,

I agree with you......we've been reverse searing for awhile now. We also dry age our beef rib roasts and tenderloins....slice, season and reverse sear then grill!

Delicious.

Blake

Herman, I did an install in Bristow Ok., back in 2012, the Arkansas river was completely dry in Tulsa that trip. The burn ban was in effect at that time. The power chair

hitch is a good idea, that could actually be installed on the toad for transport.

I would not foresee any problems with flat towing the jeep. I believe if anyone has a problem with smoke from a smoker, they do not understand what camping is all about.I use a Traeger pellet smoker every time I go camping, it usually attracts other campers because it smells so good, and helps keep the mosquito's away. LOLLike others though, I use a tabletop version for portability, can grill a great tasting steak, or pulled pork, or the best tasting babyback's around.

Kay, what do you think of the Trager? FYI, you are my hero!

I had the portable in the RV and the larger one at home. I won't grill on anything else. I try to use the 20 amp or 30 amp outlet on the campground outlet instead of the coach.

I had the portable in the RV and the larger one at home. I won't grill on anything else. I try to use the 20 amp or 30 amp outlet on the campground outlet instead of the coach.

Trager?

What is a Trager? I use the Q200 Weber with the little green gas bottles...otherwise at home I use a round charcoal Weber and Custom Stainless Steel Smoker by Pits &Spits for a crowd...It will do 6 Briskets, 20 pounds of Sausage, 8 BB Ribs and a dozen quail at a time!

I never have, nor would I ever dream of taking that bad boy camping! It' been to several BBQ Cook Offs, including HLSS & BBQ. I cooked on the " Fowl Bunch" for 6 years....still tired of chicken!

Carl