I hope that Microsoft  did not write the new look, if you are going to do away with the new topics being listed and kept in the forefront, unless it is just hidden, and you can tell where to go to put it back in place.

I'm not real fond of the new look and feel of the forum, mainly because I'm used to reading by going to unread messages.  I haven't quite figured out the best way to do that with this format, yet.  Not real critical, just different. :)

My Question is, why do we have a +1 or -1 on each left side of a answer....I hate the "Like/don't Like" on Facebook!

Carl

Yes, Brett.  Figured it out.  I'm just an old phart resistant to change, sometimes. :)   Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I notice that here we have the "up arrow and heart on right side....Also, what is the, box with+ and Quote for?

3 hours ago, Manholt said:

Sorry, I notice that here we have the "up arrow and heart on right side....Also, what is the, box with+ and Quote for?

The up arrow is "like", I think....I pressed yours and now it shows a down arrow and 2 hearts on your name.   The Quote is shown by this quote of yours.

Carl, I think is to rate a persons comment, love it or not. I pressed it on your post above, now I heart you! :wub:

48 minutes ago, CarlAda said:

The up arrow is "like", I think....I pressed yours and now it shows a down arrow and 2 hearts on your name.   The Quote is shown by this quote of yours.

You need to stop or you will give Carl a big head.:D

I just got off general discussion....my new post, "Ref: Coach and Toad Info."  It's gone, disappeared.  OK, Todd, what is going on?:huh::angry:

Back at you Bill...you got a heart.  Since we are all grown up, the arrow up/down will work.  Right?  Not !!!  I can see what all this will look like in 48 hours!:rolleyes::P

Carl

I feel like Vennie Babareno on Welcome Back Kotter, "I'm So Confused".

Questions, What happened to the number of post on my profile??:huh:

What Happened to our signature information??:huh:

I know that some changes are good, however I'm like Carl Ada, I'm Ole ****. But I know Todd will walk us through this, the sooner the better.:unsure:

Herman (I think) :wub:

15 hours ago, Manholt said:

My Question is, why do we have a +1 or -1 on each left side of a answer....I hate the "Like/don't Like" on Facebook!

Carl

The +1 or -1 was for a question-and-answer format that activated for some forums during the upgrade. It has been deactivated, and we've reverted to the standard discussion format.

The "plus" symbol box is for quoting multiple replies.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and patience. I will continue to tweak some settings, based on your feedback.

You still think Herman? :rolleyes: I had no idea it was you that sent me a PM...in other words, I want to know "WHO" is sending me a PM (witch is not Personal, since it also is monitored 24/7)!  Just like 99.9% of us, don't open anything in our Email account...unless you have a burning desire to "crash the system"!

Carl (???)  maybe..:unsure:

Attn:  does this  go as a PM reply to Herman?  Or to Forum?  Since Todd M. just injected himself into a PM...things are now under "Big Brother" is watching!  At 73, I just don't need this from anyone!:angry:

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Questions, What happened to the number of post on my profile??:huh:

What Happened to our signature information??:huh:

Post count is still on your profile. It's under "Content Count." Signature has been enabled. Try to limit signatures to a reasonable number of lines. Members can always view that info on your profile.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:43 PM, Manholt said:

If you liked someone's post, you could click the arrow to award them a reputation point, reflected by the hearts number. Ideally, key contributors who post valued, reliable content would have a higher reputation. Users could award points for content they like, giving recognition to the original poster. There are two reputation methods we could use: "Like this" or the up/down rating system.

The reputation feature seems to have created more confusion than benefit, so we have removed it. Perhaps we did not introduce it properly to begin with.

The + box, as I said in a previous post, is for quoting multiple posts. Click + box for each post that you want to quote, and then click the "Quote _ post" button (which will appear) and it will insert the quotes into your reply.

My signature is back.  So is Todd...Ok Todd, I'll answer yours also...Your right, but I can only speak for myself...your "Like/Hate" buttons is non productive!  I would only use it to amuse myself !:P:rolleyes:

Todd, the like button would make more sense, it would certainly cut down on the number of posts. I sometimes comment just to follow a post, if I could "like" it or "follow" would be beneficial. I see you have your hands full. I will pop in a few times through out the next few days to see how it is progressing and to help a fellow member if necessary. I can work around most quirks, the personal email blowing up is aggravating my DW.

Thank you,

Joe

I adjusted the notification settings. You should receive notification only of "New content for things I follow," if you have selected that option. But please check your settings. You might need to close your browser and come back, or refresh.

On 4/6/2016 at 8:58 AM, tmoning said:

If you liked someone's post, you could click the arrow to award them a reputation point, reflected by the hearts number. Ideally, key contributors who post valued, reliable content would have a higher reputation. Users could award points for content they like, giving recognition to the original poster. There are two reputation methods we could use: "Like this" or the up/down rating system.

The reputation feature seems to have created more confusion than benefit, so we have removed it. Perhaps we did not introduce it properly to begin with.

The + box, as I said in a previous post, is for quoting multiple posts. Click + box for each post that you want to quote, and then click the "Quote _ post" button (which will appear) and it will insert the quotes into your reply.

I think it would have gone better if there had ben a little explination on what the changes were and what they did and why. Now some will never agree to everything or anything but it would have helped. You might be able to bring back some items after they are explained.

By the way good job geting the signituers back.;)

Bill

14 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I think it would have gone better if there had ben a little explination on what the changes were and what they did and why. Now some will never agree to everything or anything but it would have helped. You might be able to bring back some items after they are explained.

By the way good job geting the signituers back.;)

Bill

The reputation system isn't new -- it was announced five years ago:

It just wasn't widely used.

8 hours ago, tmoning said:

The reputation system isn't new -- it was announced five years ago:

It just wasn't widely used.

Perhaps it needs more/better/wider explanation. Perhaps a area that explains all the featuers and how to use them for the new people and us old people.:D

Bill

On 4/5/2016 at 3:43 PM, Manholt said:

I noticed my avatar is round now as well as everybody else.  On mine it chops the top of my head off worst then my DW.  I also noticed the the photos in my signature had turn to a box instead of what it was cutting off part of it.