larrypennington

Verizon News Update: Disappointing News About Our Newest Benefit

7 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Can you 100% prove this statement? No you can't

Have you been around long enough to remember back to 2011 when VZ pulled the same stunt?

I have been around to watch 2 other VZ plans implode exactly as this one did.  Now, in all 3 cases, Millenicom, OmniLynx and now FMCA, an agreement was made with VZ based upon a specific member base or terms of usage.  Just like this VZ shut the plan down when it became obvious that the plan would not be used as agreed.  When VZ got word that everyone, everywhere would qualify for this plan they shut it down.  Surprise!

I can't believe VZ wasn't aware of the fact that this was a organization where it could grow in membership and there was no cap on membership. This is not like a company where you have a fixed number of employes. 

Bill

Does anyone other than myself understand that this issue is dead and all of this rhetoric, snipes and innuendos will not bring it back. Lets move on to the issues of helping our fellow members solve a problem or advise good service, best routes and good RV parks along their travels.

Let everyone that is able get ready to go to Indy. There will lots to see, topics to learn and old friends to visit with. :)

Herman

There is no substitute for miles around the track. As Herman suggested take deep breath, relax the grip and stay at it...after every mile it gets easier. I taught competitive driving for over 25 years and my choice of student was always the ladies, far easier then the guys. They paid attention and had little to prove. There were many that were faster than their spouses, You gotta love it.

B

I read on another forum that FMCA members have gotten an email concerning this.  I haven't received an email and am curious if this went out to everyone or just those that had signed up.

As long as the topic remains open anyone who wants to comment can comment here.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  If you want to vent, feel free.  This is not Herman's (or my) forum.

2 hours ago, mesaloose said:

I read on another forum that FMCA members have gotten an email concerning this.  I haven't received an email and am curious if this went out to everyone or just those that had signed up.

mesaloose,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you checked that FMCA has your correct e-mail address on file?

As I shared with the FMCA when I canceled our membership, my wife and I had considered becoming FMCA members for several years.  However the Verizon member benefit was our deciding factor.  Unfortunately, the entire experience was very poorly handled by FMCA and has done irreparable damage to our trust in the organization.  That FMCA would enter into an agreement with Verizon without contractual assurances which would guarantee FMCA's ability to follow through on its promises to members is at best incredibly naive and irresponsible.  At worst, it appears like some pathetically ham handed scheme to recruit new members to the organization.  The FMCA wasted our time and disappointed us for the first and also last time.  

FYI - a further not-very-informative response from Tiffany at Verizon (my emphases) - offering me nothing other than what is publicly available:

This is Tiffany from Verizon Wireless Executive Relations. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday regarding your concerns. Again, I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you have experienced. I just wanted to send you a quick summary of the information we discussed.

As I explained, there was a misunderstanding between Verizon Wireless and the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) regarding a contract that was being negotiated. The resulting contract was not a contract that allowed FMCA to resell Verizon Wireless services. We are actively partnering with FMCA to explore options to enable a program for its members, and any updates should be communicated to you by FMCA directly.

We are honored that you have expressed interest in becoming a Verizon Wireless customer and would love to have your business. If you would like to learn more about our current pricing options, you may visit www.verizonwireless.com or contact our customer service department at 800-922-0204. If you have any further questions regarding this matter, you may contact me directly at 800-779-2067 ext. 2220276, Monday through Friday from 9:00Am to 6:00PM PST.

Please, again, accept my sincere apologies for this issue. Thank you for your time.

One has to understand that when there is no contract with any organization when a beta offering is offered by an organization that is exactly what it is. It is a mining offer to see what the market looks like for a possible offering and how a contract offering will be structured.

One has to ask questions before making any decision on whether the offer is backed up by a contract at any given point or when a contract will be offered and the service is indeed available.

The devil is always in the details.

Rich.    

Would it be possible for FMCA to share the contract with its Members? 

I'm not attempting to stir up trouble or cast blame, but this is an issue that could be put to bed with the release of the terms and conditions. Having negotiated my fair share of tech-oriented contracts in the past, I would simply like to understand what when wrong and how it can be avoided in the future to benefit existing members. Personally, from the outside looking in, it's my opinion that if this would have simply been offered only to existing members, this program would be alive today.

I applaud the FMCA management for attempting to find a solution to affordable hotspot usage. Having a working internet connection is an important factor to many campers as it's a way to enjoy the lifestyle while having the ability to be in contact when needed. Yes, it would be nice if campgrounds upgraded to hotel-like WiFi systems, but as we've learned, having WiFi that works for today's needs is not something that most campgrounds have on a priority list. 

18 hours ago, dianahc said:

FYI - a further not-very-informative response from Tiffany at Verizon 

Diana,

I would say that e-mail you received actually was fairly informative and has provides most insight to date.  It stated that 

"there was a misunderstanding between Verizon Wireless and the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) regarding a contract that was being negotiated. The resulting contract was not a contract that allowed FMCA to resell Verizon Wireless services."

This appears to indicate that Verizon interpreted FMCA's actions regarding the offering to be consistent with acting as a reseller, which was not permitted in the contract.

Well, it is suspicious that they apparently were willing to allow FMCA to act as a reseller, based on the original invitation to the membership, until they apparently got too many requests for the soft rollout. And what I was asking for was how they were going to make it right by offering some sort of plan that was closer to what they offered FMCA, and was at least better than what was offered to the general public, which she refused to do.

I don't believe FMCA ever had an agreement/contract with Verizon that allowed them to re-sell the service but that was clearly FMCA's plan as the monthly payments were to be made to FMCA directly.

Be on the lookout for big news coming soon regarding this topic.

BillAdams- None of the speculation and conspiracy theories you posted in this thread are fact. You can't resell a government contract, and no one at Verizon caught this until it was already being offered. End of story. That is the explanation. Not that FMCA violated the agreement, were allowing people to take sign up that Verizon didn't approve of, etc. etc. etc.

smithy.

Your right, only mistake was the way the soft marketing was done!  I heard of the new one and I'm waiting, not saying anything, and hoping you'll or FMCA will not make the "Soft" 1,000 mistake again! :rolleyes: 

19 minutes ago, manholt said:

smithy.

Your right, only mistake was the way the soft marketing was done!  I heard of the new one and I'm waiting, not saying anything, and hoping you'll or FMCA will not make the "Soft" 1,000 mistake again! :rolleyes: 

Soft launch was done to make sure we were ready for the full launch. We learned from our mistakes, and it will be a much smoother rollout. Stay tuned.

9 hours ago, smithy said:

Be on the lookout for big news coming soon regarding this topic.

BillAdams- None of the speculation and conspiracy theories you posted in this thread are fact. You can't resell a government contract, and no one at Verizon caught this until it was already being offered. End of story. That is the explanation. Not that FMCA violated the agreement, were allowing people to take sign up that Verizon didn't approve of, etc. etc. etc.

You can use me as a scape goat but I never said anything about reselling a governmnet contract.  You say "no one at Verizon caught this until it was already being offered".  Verizon did not catch what?  You have offered NO explanation so it's not even the beginning of the story, much less the end.

That is the explanation. Not that FMCA violated the agreement, were allowing people to take sign up that Verizon didn't approve of, etc. etc. etc.

I am sure there was a lucid thought in there when you typed this but I am not sure what you are trying to say.

20 minutes ago, BillAdams said:

You can use me as a scape goat but I never said anything about reselling a governmnet contract.  You say "no one at Verizon caught this until it was already being offered".  Verizon did not catch what?  You have offered NO explanation so it's not even the beginning of the story, much less the end.

I am sure there was a lucid thought in there when you typed this but I am not sure what you are trying to say.

It is a fact sir. Verizon agreed to let us sell our government contracts to our members. Problem is you can’t resell government contracts, and Verizon somehow did not realize that until after they agreed and it was pushed live. No scapegoat. That is what happened. Beginning and end.

i didn’t say you provided that explanation. You did offer up many explanations in this and other threads that were inaccurate. FMCA did not violate any terms of the agreement. Verizon made an unfortunate mistake.