dbenoit

"Cabin Fever" Thread

Losing it here in NH. Help me Mr. Wizard! I just made an appointment for end of March for a few minor warranty issues and that did it.

So I crawled under the cover and fired it up....THE RV! If the clock went any slower it would be going backwards.

Dave

Dave.  Sorry, I looked for it and drew a blank!  Think it was one about 2 years ago, probably followed all the others South!  No pun intended. :D End of March may be a little wishful thinking, if this crazy Texas weather is a indication of things to come!  Today in Burnet, TX., it's 36 and feels 27, rain, sleet and gusty winds to 30mph!  

I have Spring flowers that came out this past weekend...now, frozen and gone! :(

Carl, its 72 here :D. Don't worry, ill be eating those word when the Blizzard comes along in a few weeks :o. Not sure if its an early spring or the calm before the storm :blink:

I get the cabin fever, every year I start some coach project to keep me busy on the weekends. 

The old saying here is: New England weather, wait a minute and it will change. I'm taking the MH cover off in a few weeks regardless.

Stinks looking outside and seeing the boat parked next to the MH next to the pool and it's all covered up.

Then to boot we are looking for some retirement land in Maine, doesn't make any sense does it?

I can tell I have the cabin fever because I've just started babbling more and more. No offense but I won't move

south, a lot of visits planned though. Complainer, whiner..who me, yes I resemble that this time of year but I'm harmless.

1 hour ago, DBenoit said:

Then to boot we are looking for some retirement land in Maine, doesn't make any sense does it?

I think all land should be retired in Maine.B)  80 degrees here in Birmingham today.:wub:

4 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I think all land should be retired in Maine.B)  80 degrees here in Birmingham today.:wub:

I am sending you some cooler weather in a day or so.:o

Bill

Beautiful country, but I'm not sure any one place is perfect all year. Last time I was in Maine for work was in the middle of June, it was sleeting and mid 30's. I left the 80's in PA with no coat :angry:

I was in Main last summer at Blueberry Pond Campground out behind Freeport. It was cool enough I was glad to visit LL Bean's and pick up some warmer clothes.-_-

Bill

Bill.  I was told L.L. Bean did not have a store in Main, just mail order.

DBenoit.  I take it, your currently on Lake W (can't spell that one), you should be out ice fishing.  In a warm hut!! :D My departed DW, was from Lebanon, NH.  I can honestly say, your the second person, I have heard from, that is going further North, to retire! Geez.:blink:

I got cabin fever after 4 or 5 days of cloudy misty skies but solved the issue easily, loaded up the motorhome and drove three hours south to the Texas coast for a few days. 

I have a hard time getting my mind wrapped around having to winterize my coach in October and getting it out of storage in March or April. I've been blessed in the fact I've never had to winterize a RV. 

8 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill.  I was told L.L. Bean did not have a store in Main, just mail order.

DBenoit.  I take it, your currently on Lake W (can't spell that one), you should be out ice fishing.  In a warm hut!! :D My departed DW, was from Lebanon, NH.  I can honestly say, your the second person, I have heard from, that is going further North, to retire! Geez.:blink:

It is their main store and a couple other stores including the outlet store. The main store is open 24/7/365 any time you walk through the door there will be some one asking how they can help.

Bill

20161224_095822.jpg

Jim, we were in Maine July 4th 2016, temperatures were low 80's NO humidity. We stayed here http://www.gocamping.com/ Not far from LL Bean. There is also a bunch of breweries in Portland ME just north, that was fun also.

Loved it, ate to much lobster that week, but its low calorie.....:D

Jo, do the low cal lobsters turn red when you cook them.:lol: We have stayed at Wilde Duck just up the coast and down at Moody Beach.

The big problem is finding an opening during the summer. 

Bill

8 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

That would be a dangerous, aka expensive, place for us to visit but I sure would like to.

You will like Freeport Besides Bean there are lots of outlet stores and good places to eat. Like Gritty McDuff's Freeport Brew Pub. If you like good baked goods check out When Pigs Fly Sourdough Breads.

https://www.visitfreeport.com/

Bill

Bill, thanks.  I will reprimand my friend who told me! 

Joe. Lobster is high in cholesterol, and calories, unless, you just like them steamed or boiled, with no butter or mayonnaise!  I don't like them with butter!  I know of 9 different ways to prepare Lobster..  Something else for Ruidoso!

8 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe. Lobster is high in cholesterol, and calories,

Didn't know that :unsure:. Glad we are not big fans of it, prefer blue crab! 

Jim S.

On General Discussion, everything is on topic! :) That[s why Brett told us to use it for rambling!  The bugs are allowed and also on my favorite of food list.  On the 5th, we will have all we could possibly want off boiled bugs, corn, mushrooms, small onions and the "Pink Sauce"!  At a crawfish farm in Kaplan, LA.:D  Then, from the 7th to 11th, we will be in Paterson, LA., with FMCA Cruising Cajun Chapter....guess what's for eats'? :lol:

1 hour ago, elkhartjim said:

Mud bugs, poor mans lobster. 

So that I remain on topic, best when eaten when experiencing cabin fever. 

Mud bugs, poor mans lobster. :wacko:

So that I remain on topic, best when eaten when experiencing cabin fever.:lol:

Just to clarify, A mud bug is a craw daddy? 

We call Lake W, Lake Winny. (winnipesaukee). I don't think even us NH peeps can spell it either, I had to copy and paste.

Whhhew, I was sitting here thinking mud bug?? up here that's like a lawn grub you Texans eat that stuff, i'm not moving anywhere :lol: