hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

7 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

Not for boondocking - she doesn't boondock!

Same here, NEVER! I swear they are related :lol:

Joe, Bill, Wayne...Count mine in the mix too!!! :( We where looking for Bill's coach in a 41'....2018-2020! :blink:

What, My coach isn't one of those BIG giant  coaches over 45 feet. It is just a small camper at 44' 11". A fun thing is I looked it up a while ago and my turning radius is 6" shorter with this one over the 38' Bounder.

Carl, you should have everything fixed now.

Bill

Bill, it is!  Lot more than I wanted to pay!  :(  I hate to spend money to fix anything, that should not have gone bad to begin with!

Foretravel is 2000 model 

the previous owner was Roger Berke- the guru of all things aqua hot. In fact he installed a new 19 gallon aqua hot in 2019.

If it comes from Burke it should be in good shape & all systems working!  Think you have a winner.

We are now mask less!  Thank you CDC....even the POTUS got rid of his.  As a side note, did anyone ever see the Multi Billionairs of Tech industry wear one?

On 5/12/2021 at 6:09 AM, erniee said:

Foretravel is 2000 model 

the previous owner was Roger Berke- the guru of all things aqua hot. In fact he installed a new 19 gallon aqua hot in 2019.

When do we get pictures?:D

Bill

This coach sat for a couple years. It’s needing a makeover. We will be having rain all this coming week and the detail guy can’t work.

Bought coach in Leander. It is sitting on my lot without being under cover. The detailer is a local mobile guy

Edited by erniee

I was going to post this in Picture of the Day but decided not to flood that thread, so here.

In 1974 I owned a 1972 Chevy Sportvan 20, equipped by TravCo with a pop up roof. The pop-up was supported by 4 corner pilars of tubing and was definitely a mechanical muscle to open.  There were canvas sides all around and two side zippered screen opening for cross air.  The back table dropped down to make a bed, similar to today's bench seat tables. Above that were two sets of aluminum tubing with canvas between the rails where the kids slept.  Had a gas furnace that was absolutely great.. I one cubic foot refrigerator, a single opening kitchen sink with a hose connection on the outside for drainage of grey water. The toilet was a square box with a padded lid on it that doubled as a seat, and inside was a toilet set and a 5 gallon bucket. You most definitely used chemical smell 'em goods in the bucket.  Emptying the bucket was at any toilet facility, gas station or park toilet.

Powered by a Chevy 350 engine.  Kept it from 1974 to 1979, sold it to my brother for $1500 as I was going overseas on military duty for 3 years.  Came back in 1982 and bought it back from him for $1000. He took good care of it.  Came to Texas in 1984 and sold it to an engineer working at NASA. He lived in it full time on the Texas City Dike. Last I saw of it a few years later there was a lot of rust and derelict looking condition sitting on the Dike.  I think the city finally towed it away.

Ah! The good old days.

Forgot to mention. Everything ran off of 12 volts. Two batteries, Service and House with Diode isolator to keep service battery from being used.  Alternator charged both when van running.

Edited by wayne77590
Forgot to mention

In 1972 I got the last Revecon built, it was replaced by the GMC and FMC in 1973.  I never did get the GMC, but I got the FMC in 1974 a 2900R, 440 rear engine with front and rear IS.  I sold the Revecon for $27,000 ($19,000 new) and the FMC was $29,000, it had been in a fire & rewired...New, it listed for $55,990!  I used it for 6 years, I think I put 12,000 miles on it.

Wayne, we have been "around the block!"

2 hours ago, manholt said:

I got the FMC in 1974 a 2900R,

Just in case you want a trip down memory lane;

I believe it had a Dodge 440.

I met a gentleman in El Dorado Arkansas that was buying everyone he could get his hands on. At that time he was putting Ford V10s in them. I can't remember what transmission he was using. He said that being a Gas pusher with a rear radiator they always had overheating issues. I only spoke with him once and have on idea what ever happen to his business.

Herman

Carl, I made Oyster Stew in the Instant Pot a little while ago. It was delicious. I'll trade recopies with you for the seafood gumbo!

So if I get one of those screen rooms for the awning do I need to drill holes in the side of the MH

1 hour ago, dbenoit said:

So if I get one of those screen rooms for the awning do I need to drill holes in the side of the MH

Did you mean this for another Topic?

Herman