hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

The mobile tech is calling around today. I'll also do some calling, He spent 30 minutes checking yesterday and could not find any in stock.

Depending on how much cost is involved I have two years to sue the Basel

Hey, it could have been a lot worse. We are blessed.

Edited by wayne77590

Saw the news yesterday. Terrible. Reemphasizes the need to take shelter in the bath house or other provided shelters.

Notice the motorhomes are still standing.  Heavier vehicles.

9 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Notice the motorhomes are still standing.  Heavier vehicles.

DW pointed that out also, the one in the background looks like the storm never happened. 

Heavier and a much lower center of gravity.

Edited by jleamont

A side note to the pictures; did you notice motorhomes appeared to have withstood the storm, other than a TT being blown into one.

Had the Safe-T-Plus IFS ZF steering stabilizer installed today.

Working great. Posted info under chassis thread.

The cover that got ruined was factory cheapie.  Replaced with a good MaxAir one.  Cover was $64 and two days service calls and labor was $120.  Feel blessed, for sure.  One inch lower on that branch and I would have lost at least one AC.

This is just a reminder to be carful about having your awnings out. I am at Granby CO. and they have a wind event nearly every afternoon. When we got hear Monday the event was so bad it blew several awnings off. Saw one where 3 people were trying to hold the awning down so they could bring it in. It lifted them off their feet. It finally got loose and ripped off over the coach. The wind sensor doesn't always react fast enough to save the awning from damage.

Bill 

Bill, I forgot that you was up there!  The first wind event was posted on FB, wished they had some photos....a lot of folks are looking for awning and body work!  

Did you go Trail Riding?  How was the drive up there, in your little Rig?

One time headed East in NM the South wind began pushing our old 1976 Allegro around; as luck would have it a exit appeared, which it took. On the North side of the interstate was an abandoned building, behind which I hid the MH from the wind, pointed North.  The wind didn't last long but it blew hard enough I could see cars taking the exit too.

Edited by rayin

11 hours ago, manholt said:

How was the drive up there, in your little Rig?

I don't have a big powerful rig like you Carl. I got slowed down pretty good over the Continental divide, mostly because of slow traffic. There is no ease road in or out of this area.

What's fun on the way to Gillett we stayed on the outher side of the mountains on 34 we are on 34 on the west side now. Thought about going that way but you have to go through RMNP and they have had long lines.

Bill

19 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

This is just a reminder to be carful about having your awnings out. I am at Granby CO. and they have a wind event nearly every afternoon. When we got hear Monday the event was so bad it blew several awnings off. Saw one where 3 people were trying to hold the awning down so they could bring it in. It lifted them off their feet. It finally got loose and ripped off over the coach. The wind sensor doesn't always react fast enough to save the awning from damage.

Bill 

We stayed eight days at Granby during and after the American Coach rally in June.  Yes, the wind blows hard virtually every afternoon....sometimes out of the east, sometimes out of the west.  No wind sensor can react fast enough to bring in an awning before it is ruined.

Carl, no action picturers but hear is a big awning laying in the dirt.

I think it is a mental thing that when some people set up their RV it includes putting out the awnings. It seams like a automatic thing. We had anouther realey windy afternoon today. 

Carl Horse back riding yesterday, whitewater rafting and 4X4 trips today and tomorrow. 

Bill

20210715_203055.jpg

20210715_202852.jpg

BTW, if traveling on I-40 through TN, between Nashville and Knoxville is Monterey, TN,  There is about a 4 year old campground called "Belle Ridge Retreat."  This RV Park is laid out like RV parks should be considering it is hilly country, Withe even having the hills the pads are level with a few exceptions that TT's and 5'ers will have no problem with the little slope. The sires with the 25 X 50 feet cement pads are very near to level with no problem for big rigs.

So if traveling through or just to spend a few nights, give it a try. Very peaceful and rustic.

Edited by wayne77590