richard5933

TCS Fuel Discount Card

12 minutes ago, manholt said:

Richard.

Say you have a balance of 250 and you want to cancel card.  Is there a fee?  How do you get your $$$?

Can't answer with certainty on those. I asked when I signed up, and the only fee I was able to discern was a $10/mo fee if the account is inactive for 90 days (three statement periods).

If you cancel, it was my impression that they would send a check for the balance after a brief period to be sure that there were no transactions in the system waiting to be processed from retailers. Seem to remember a few weeks on the waiting period, but can't be sure on that.

I've got about a $400 balance with them. Like I said, it's really just a backup to the TSD card or if I happen to be somewhere that the TCS card has a better discount. I like redundancies in all things, payment methods included.

This is an interesting topic, thanks to all who have posted their questions & concerns.  I just discovered the existence of this fuel card so went to their site to see where their participating stations are located.  I sent some time going in circles on their rather sparse site.  I guess you have to sign up before you can find out if there are stations that are near wherever you will be traveling.  No thanks, there is insufficient detail at TCS to attract me.  Than I came over to the forum to see if there was any info.  The info you guys have posted is enough for me to go check out TSD.  Thanks!

I have the TSD card and saved quite a bit using it at Love's.  Works great.  I happen to have a second checking account that I did not really use so I used this one for the card.  I just transfer funds as needed to pay for the fuel.  You can also get a $200 cash when using the card per day.  It is actually a debit card.  When at the pumps it will ask you if you want a cash advance.

Jaime

We did about the same with a small balance Savings Account...Now it will be real handy, our new "to us" coach has a 200 gal fuel tank! 😁