jsp911

Where does the FMCA placard go on a fiver?

Wondering where y’all are placing your FMCA placard? I’ve seen it on the back of Class A’s but not sure where to put it on my Solitude. Sorry if this seems like a newbee question.

1 hour ago, jsp911 said:

Wondering where y’all are placing your FMCA placard? I’ve seen it on the back of Class A’s but not sure where to put it on my Solitude. Sorry if this seems like a newbee question.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

The rear of the RV's is very common. The second one can be located on the entrance area or the hitch area when you'r parked.

Always remember the forum does not consider any question(s) to be unworthy of being posted. That is why the Forum was created. 

Rich.

A good two sided tap is good you can put it any where. Front, back, sides, high or low. One nice thing about tape is if you don't like it you can move it easily. 

Just display it.

Herman 

3 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Or if no ladder, double sided tape from any hardware  or box store to put in the back of your RV.

That's how mine is mounted to the top port-side of the rear cap, didn't put one on the  top front port-side of the MH, there's too much on the front already. I don't know how long the tape will stick, it's only been on there since I joined in 2015-I think.

Any good vinyl graphics sign maker can photograph the tag then recreate it in vinyl which can be placed anywhere you would like it. This method will preserve the original to be displayed inside or just kept in a safe place for future use.

This is the way I did mine on a ladder. I used a piece of 1" x1/8" aluminum strap long enough to support the egg and some U bolts. Pretty easy and it leaves all the rungs of the ladder usable.

coach.jpg

On 11/21/2019 at 4:17 AM, manholt said:

Don.  You still climb the ladder?   

On a rare occasion. Since my stroke, I'm a little leery about getting both feet off the ground at the same time plus as I get older I'm not the handsome daredevil I used to be.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, wolfe10 said:

Or if no ladder, double sided tape from any hardware  or box store to put in the back of your RV.

That's what I did, my egg is at top port of rear cap.

Mine is on the ladder. I first used tie wraps then bought the FMCA fasteners. For the front I purchase some small suction cups with hooks. Hooks go through the holes on the plate and sticks to the lower front passenger window.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:40 PM, jsp911 said:

i have mine on my ladder with my other placard.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:34 PM, kaypsmith said:

Any good vinyl graphics sign maker can photograph the tag then recreate it in vinyl which can be placed anywhere you would like it. This method will preserve the original to be displayed inside or just kept in a safe place for future use.

Back when the previous company was making the FMCA plaques, I ordered a set just like this - just a vinyl sticker. That's actually how they are made, a vinyl sticker applied to a black plastic plaque. I'm not positive if the current company making the plaques can do this, but it's worth a call. Makes it possible to place the "plaque" virtually anywhere.