poohbear7278

Disapointed in my FMCA Roadside Assistance

The wife and I were on a trip after christmas and we had a headgasket blow on my safari 40' diesel pusher, we had made it 147 miles from home when it happened and we needed a tow. we tried to call the assistance number but we were in a bad area for cell phones , so a local tow truck company happen to see us broke down and stopped to check on us he was in his personal truck he told us he had a tow truck within 8 or 10 miles from us and he could tow it, I asked how much and I would really like to tow it to my home since im a mechanic myself, so he said he would tow it the 147 miles for $900 , I agreed and thought it was a fair price. It was getting late he towed to his yard for the night and even supplied power to keep our fridge going. The wife and I got in our toad and returned back home and he brought the coach the next morning and all was good. Now I know the Roadside Assistance is only going to pull you to the closest repair facility and I understand fully , I turned this in to them with copies of the bill as they ask and got a notice they turned me down. Now i think the $900 was a fair price ive heard of some charging this for just a short pull. But anyway pay half the bill or what ever it would have cost to pull 4 or 5 miles anything would have helped. Very disappointed and Im sure when mine expires I will not be renewing it , and I will tell others of this also.

What was their exact reason? Was it because you did not contact them first? You could have taken the tow guys info, used your toad to get to a cell service area and then have the RSS company make a decision on what to do.  It sounds like you didn't give them any chance to help but submitted a bill. You might check the policy and see if their is a remedy to dispute. I know for insurance, you can hire a company that fights for you in a claim denial.

You must realize you  signed a contract, with terms and conditions as any other contract would have. If you followed those terms you both agreed to, they should have paid as designated in the contract.

Sorry Pooh, no sympathy from me!  As with any ERA, you have your obligation, they have theirs..you deviated, therefore you pay!  You made the deal with the tow company, not ERA.