bigben6969

Norcold refrigerator

20 hours ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Its a red light on the box. I rub a magnet all over that box but it would not change its still red. is that the box I need to rub the magnet over??

Top right side corner re-setts the unit for me. It requires a strong magnet moved slowly, an ordinary kids magnet cannot pull the trigger back into place. The recall "fix" does not play well with water. You will hear the click.

6 hours ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Ok just check no yellow power the red light is just on. I unplug one of the connector on the modular and the red light goes out.Then it pops back on red. there are no light on the refrigerator.

Blinking red light means it's tripped. solid light is supposedly online if black box is good.  You may need to reset fridge board.  

resetting board and clearing fault codes  https://www.arprv.com/no-co-norcold.php#procedure-one

Linda's unit is shot.  Has all the above, we replaced the in line fuse at mother board, 250/5 amp.  Our friend is ordering an Amish unit, with labor $2,000. He and his Tech's have done hundreds of the 1200 over the years...after that, coach will be for sale!  My coach is also in his shop for some work..my coach looks forlorn, among 9 Prevost's! 

Herman, mine will be in Coffee Creek, Wed.

1 hour ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Coffee Creek?

Yea Ben that's right, Coffee Creek.

Coffee Creek is an RV Park in Santos, Texas on US Hwy 281 approx. 1/4 mile North of I-20. It is a real nice park, quite and a great place for Rallies.

I am going to the Lone Star Chapter (our home chapter) next week. We will be back there on March 12th for the South Texas Renegades Rally. I will be making an official visit representing the Six-State Rally Association.

Herman

1 hour ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Coffee Creek?

It is so nice of you to invite Ben for coffee. Agusta, Georgia may be a bit to far just for a cup of coffee. Now throw in a Extra Large Cinnamon Roll and it may be another thing. 🍩

Herman

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Be sure your troubleshooting includes checking the 120 VAC fuse on the PC board.

Also if your display is lit on you refrigerator then the problem isn't the recall device, because the recall device interrupts the 12V DC control; power.

Jim

16 minutes ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Yes all the light display is lit on you refrigerator its is LP and check all the fuses. it gets cold but no AC.

Its not clear to me what your problem is. Does it work on either propane or electric.  

If it works on gas and not on AC, the problem most likely is the electric heating element.

Jim

There should be a circuit breaker for the REFRIGERATOR in the 120v AC distribution panel that supplies power to other 120v AC circuits such as Front Air Conditioners, Rear Air Conditioner, Hot Water Heater

Not sure where it may be on your coach, on my Holiday Rambler it is in the bedroom.

Jim

There should be an electrical outlet that can be accessed behind the refrigerator access door on the outside of your coach. Try plugging something else that is known to work such as an ac lamp into that outlet to make sure power is at that point. If not then either the plug is on a gfci breaker or it on the main ac circuit breaker area. If there is power at the outlet, then you probably have a fuse on the main board of the fridge that is blown. If that fuse is blown, suspect a bad AC heating element in the fridge. Please check to make sure that AC is available to the fridge before checking other places.

Thanks to all that reach out to me when I needed help with my issue with NO AC on my Norcold. After so much info from all the FAM, it is working on AC now. Whenever we meet up I owe all a cup of? and a Thank You!! 

No Perry GA. this year so?

5 hours ago, BIGBEN6969 said:

Not sure what the issue was. Reset it 29 times on the door and it started to work. but it started to rain today and AC back out only LP.

One time I had to unplug the fridge and spray receptical with WD40.  Displace the moisture