hallen78

Would someone be willing to...

I'd like to order the FMCA 2021 Road atlas- however, I"m in Canada and the shipping is over $45 for a $17 atlas!!!  Would someone be willing to buy it for me if I paypal them and put it in a manilla envelope which I'm pretty sure you could send to me for $5 instead of $45?

Thanks!

If you call the folks at the FMCA store they will mail it to you for far less. 

I have done this several times. 

Edited by ianbullock

Jim S.  Not really, just that Canada is considered International mail.  

The Atlas is the same....I also get the Truckers Atlas

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Jim S.  Not really, just that Canada is considered International mail.  

The Atlas is the same....I also get the Truckers Atlas

Thats my point. Maybe its different in Canada but I've bought atlas's in Walmart, Sams, Costco, Barnes and Noble, Amazon and truck stops. I use the truckers atlas to verify my routes. 

I think the FMCA atlas lists all the campgrounds, RV safe routes etc- I have not found it at Walmart in Canada....I just thought if FMCA offered it- then it was something that was suppose to be of benefit to it's members-  excuse me for thinking paying $45 for shipping a soft covered book essentially is an outrageous charge to FMCA's Canadian Members!

FMCA cannot help what the shipping cost is charged to send that large a package to Canada. When in the US, buy one at an Area rally or National convention. If stationary for long enough in the US, have FMCA ship one to you. 

Thing is that would NOT be the shipping price- I have envelopes come daily from the USA that would fit that sized book and FMCA is not even willing to look at finding me a solution!  I am TRYING to utilize things available to me with the FMCA with the current border situation to make my membership beneficial and it seems as FMCA is not interested!

6 hours ago, rossboyer said:

FMCA cannot help what the shipping cost is charged to send that large a package to Canada. When in the US, buy one at an Area rally or National convention. If stationary for long enough in the US, have FMCA ship one to you. 

The thing is, the webpage https://shopfmca.com/shop/ols/products/10th-edition-fmca-road-atlas-travel-guide  specifically states to call the the 800 number for purchasers in Canada.

Kaysmith you are a stand-up man.

22 minutes ago, manholt said:

The boarder opened back up 8/09 at 12:01 am!

For Vaccinated Americans to enter Canada for general travel purposes.

The US land border still remains closed to Canadians wanting to travel into the US for general travel purposes.