dbenoit

Cabin Fever 2021/2022

11 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Yep, me also. They could stop that publicity stunt as far as I'm concerned. Who would believe it anyway. 🙂

It has to be true I saw it on the  internet.

Groundhog doesn't taste like chicken.....more like armadillo.

We just booked our 1st RV trip to FL for May. I think most of the snow hawks will be gone.

We are going mostly for the grandkids. Staying at the KOA in Kissimmee or whatever it's called.

Been to FL a bunch of times but that was just to get on a cruise. I hope the splatter bugs aren't there!

Our first and only trip to Disney Land, a three day pass to every thing was $45.00 each. (1984)

I have no idea what the cost would be today.

Been there, Done that and got a Tee Shirt!

Herman

Been to Disney Land back in the 60's. Made Disney world a few years ago in June...Don't go in June if you don't like hot weather. (Or July, August, or September)

Only bringing 6 out of 15 grandkids. They all driving, staying and $$ on their own.

Only me and DW in the MH.

I remember Disney Land in the 60's, Used to live in Van Nuys. Take the bus, sneak in under a fence way out back and jump the train to Main St.

Once there we would "beg" the peeps leaving for their leftover ride tickets. Do you remember the flying saucers? Long gone now.

DB, I remember....Knotts Berry Farm and Disney Land, pre USAF in 1961, it was a long ride from Santa Monica! :ph34r:

Herman, I think it's over $200 per day, per person!  Joe would know for sure. :P

6 hours ago, dbenoit said:

[...snipped/wm]

Only me and DW in the MH.

[...snipped/wm]

DB, as the saying goes; The motorhome is equipped with drinks for 6, dinner for 4, and sleeps 2. 

Need I say more?

Here we go again ......

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING... WHAT...Heavy snow and mixed precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. WHERE...Portions of southeastern Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island. WHEN...From late Thursday night through Friday evening. IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Friday morning commute will be impacted. ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates of an inch per hour or greater will be likely for a period of time before changeover to mixed precipitation.

Sounds like you should use the RV and head South to warmer climes for the Winter.

I grew up in central Mass and left when I was 19. However, living there was an accident of birth!

On 2/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, wayne77590 said:

....The motorhome is equipped with drinks for 6, dinner for 4, and sleeps 2..... 

With the possible exception of a grand child, our philosophy exactly.😁

Well grand-kids are always welcome. Was at Del Mar Beach, CA. Granddaughters wanted to spend the night with friends on the beach. Sure, your mom and friends can stay in the MH...we are staying in Mom and Dad's house.  DIL (Mom) and 7 girls stayed in the MH. There are exceptions, but I'm not going to be included. 🙂

I am sorry folks but Bill is not talking about Ft. Worth, Texas. Here in North Texas the temp had a high if 21 to day which feels like 8. Tomorrow it is suppose to be a steaming 41. Out comes the Bermuda Shorts.

Herman 

Herman the highest the thermometer got here today was only 88°F. :) Back home it's 34° and down-pouring rain.:(