gaylemarlowe

TPMS Recommendations

Hi Gang,

Been a bit since I have been on. Dodging the rainstorms Herman is sending up to Colorado from Texas. :)

Anybody have any preferences or recommendations for a 8 tire monitoring system?

I now have an InnoTech in our coach. I bought it at Hershey last year; while it does work it also gives false readings. Which seems to happen on occasion when we pull off of the highway and park, as the tires begin to cool the alarm starts to go off reporting all six tires are leaking, never a problem for the toad.

We had a Pressure pro in the last coach, and to be honest I wish I bought another Pressure Pro. While the installation was a bit more involved and the sensors do not have interchangeable batteries, it just worked flawlessly.

Saved me on two occasions, once I had a tire tread separate which didn’t blow out just leaked, and the second time a braided ss valve stem extension started to leak.

We have the PressurePro on this coach as well as the last one.

Again, make sure whatever system you get will accommodate all motorhome AND toad tires.

I kept our old Pressure Pro system, the antenna that goes under the unit toward the back and all of the sensors, the batteries are all dead but I have them.

I was considering sending them in for swap out but it bugs me is that I cannot replace them. I bought the InnoTech at the Hershey camping show since the batteries are replaceable and the entire system cost less than renewing my old sensors.

looking back....not one of my better ideas.

I do like the look of the EEZ TPMS.

I have the TST 507 with (6) flow-thru on motor home and (4) valve caps on toad, has worked flawlessly. It may be off by a pound of pressure but monitors for the unexpected. Have the repeater, coach is 40', but even with repeater switched off, no signal problem.

I used Pressure Pro and bought them the year they came out with the system it worked flawless until the batteries got weak I then went to the TST 510 then the 507 and think the 507 works as good as Pressure Pro except in one area, the alarm on the TST 510 and 507 volume is so low I can't hear it and no way to increase it, for that reason I would suggest Pressure Pro.

I also have the TST 507 flow through system and like Wayne said there support is great. I think though they could improve on the part of the sensor that depresses the valve stem on the tire. After removing the sensors from my toad a couple of times they had difficulty sealing on the valve stem. Again the company replaced them for me.

System works great I have had the system for 4 years.

Brett,

Yes, we tow the toad, so would need 8 for the coach and another 4 for the toad. Thanks to all who responded with their suggestions.

What does InnoTech have to say? Haven't heard of that brand but that doesn't mean anything as the market for TPMS is still growing.

I have a system that has a "rapid pressure loss" warning but have never had it go off when I simply stop for gas.

Do you get a temperature reading from your system?

Could you post or PM me with some cold & hot pressures & temperatures?

I have used the Tire Minder for several years. One feature I like is that when I am in the toad I can switch the coach reading off and use the monitor by itself in the toad. The transmitters have replaceable batteries and the factory will send you new batteries free of charge. Service is very good.