hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Wayne, Bill; I suspect that is a delaying tactic in an effort to force me to give up and pay the differential cost of the body work out of pocket. Ain't gonna work! I will exhaust the terms on the Progressive MH policy then I"m free to contact my lawyer.

Edited by rayin

4 hours ago, erniee said:

So- would you say progressive has been less than stellar?

Well defiantly not progressive.

Ray have you talked to your lawyer? I wonder about you not having full use of your property because of their actions.

Bill

On 9/7/2023 at 1:54 PM, five said:

In my view, the problem is a great many "regulars" no longer post.

On 9/7/2023 at 1:50 PM, erniee said:

I get more news from this topic that Herman started. The rest of the forum is on life support 

I'm "guilty" of being "that" person who views the forum much less that I did before retiring from Phillips 66 a year ago after a fantastic 40-1/2 year career.   While working, I'd spend my lunch time at my desk eating a Lean Cuisine while viewing FMCA and iRV2 forums.   Now my new "CEO" has me busy with a long list of other activities leaving no dedicated time to view and comment on the forum.  I'll strive to better.  I will say my new CEO is tougher than my old CEO!

The iRV2 forum also has less activity.  My guess is the "Covid RV craze" has passed and what were many new RV owners with many questions are now more experienced.   Also, the few times I have driven past the big PPL Motorhomes RV consignment dealership in Houston, they are fully packed with pre-owned RVs of all types to sell and per the PPL website many of the RVs are five years old or newer.  I wonder if folks who bought their first-ever RV during the pandemic as an escape / sanctuary from the virus are not pleased with RV ownership and are trying to sell their RVs.   Also with the horrid inflation they may trying to sell and get out from under their RV loans.

Edited by fagnaml

I agree with you Mike about your 2nd paragraph.  It is quite easy to become upside-down with an RV loan, then inflation kicked butt. That left may pandemic -era RV buyers in a financial bind.

Bill, I can't speak with my lawyer until I've exhausted the Progressive MH policy terms and conditions. I'm hoping to get the umpires decision by the end of Sep. We haven't been able to use our MH since April  2022. I am working on things as much as possible in anticipation of doing some camping before the snow flies.

I plan to change the motor oil in the drive engine and genset this week. Even though it has about 3,000 since last changed, It has been nearly 2 years.

Brenda and I were about 30 miles east of Haskell last Friday morning around 9. Everything running as designed. 2 lane road- hwy 380. All of a sudden we came over a small hill and this big a** buck decided to run across the road. Hit me square on my generator door , took out the engine coolant lines, and the right front panel. Bent the generator hush box, tore out some electrical and screwed up our flip down entry step. I zip tied the coolant lines and went home. Found a nipple and clamped it on the lines and filled the radiator and off we went again. Couldn’t find the buck. We have rallies in Tennessee and Georgia and currently in Ponchatoula Louisiana. Will have a reconstruction done in Jan. I hope we are not asked to provide a photo of the coach for campground’s.Duct tape and zip ties are your friend 

IMG_1214.jpeg

10 hours ago, erniee said:

Brenda and I were about 30 miles east of Haskell last Friday morning around 9. Everything running as designed. 2 lane road- hwy 380. All of a sudden we came over a small hill and this big a** buck decided to run across the road. Hit me square on my generator door , took out the engine coolant lines, and the right front panel. Bent the generator hush box, tore out some electrical and screwed up our flip down entry step. I zip tied the coolant lines and went home. Found a nipple and clamped it on the lines and filled the radiator and off we went again. Couldn’t find the buck. We have rallies in Tennessee and Georgia and currently in Ponchatoula Louisiana. Will have a reconstruction done in Jan. I hope we are not asked to provide a photo of the coach for campground’s.Duct tape and zip ties are your friend 

IMG_1214.jpeg

I begin the search for a used lower front cap  and step assy. now, then notify the insurance co. where the parts are located.  RV salvage yards  by state.

Oddly enough, the newer the MH the harder it is to locate used front or rear caps.  Then again, Foretravel might be one of the very few MH mfgrs to keep molds for previous models.

Since we were heavily involved with Bluebird Wanderlodge, we have a rally in Chattanooga and one in Pine Mountain Georgia to attend. Still getting quotes

our insurance is with Germania Farm mutual

Edited by erniee

5 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Well any new news? 

Something I found interesting Brett Davies talking about the state of the RV business world.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ofuc7rtek&t=10s

Bill

I just finished watching the video. If I owned stock in a MH brand I might be considering an alternative investment.  That made me think perhaps FMCA did make a good decision to include towables after all. 

11 hours ago, rayin said:

I just finished watching the video. If I owned stock in a MH brand I might be considering an alternative investment.  That made me think perhaps FMCA did make a good decision to include towables after all. 

He has 2 more installments coming out. I bet the next one will deal with quality or more accurately the lack of quality in the RV industry. 

I have always felt that the towable segment was larger than the motorized section of the market. 

Bill 

wildbill, I'm parked beside Mr. Geer one of the national directors.  I gave him the video link by Brett Daves, and told him where you posted the link.

3 hours ago, rayin said:

wildbill, I'm parked beside Mr. Geer one of the national directors.  I gave him the video link by Brett Daves, and told him where you posted the link.

What did you think of it?

Bill

What did I think of it? Well, it made me realize FMCA officers made the right decision to allow towables into the organization if it is to survive; but I was against it at that time.

Mr. Davies said diesel pusher MH's today comprise 1% of the RV market, and overall, towables comprise 75% of total RV sales. It's easy to  see where the RV industry is headed.

With the market the way it is,  it is interesting that Grand Design RV (of the 5th wheel world) will start building motorhomes. Winnebago must think there is a market. Wouldn’t it be a great opportunity to make a quality coach with no problems, no punch list of problems on delivery.

The outher interesting thing is the Camping World stores that will look like a  Grand Design store not a Camping World store. 

Bill

Is it my imagination or during the last few months has the FMCA Forum totally collapsed.  As this moment (9:30 p.m. on 10/26) there are a whopping two folks logged int the forum - me and one other!  Is FMCA dead?   Should I renew my annual membership which expires on 10/31?

By contrast, iRV2.com currently has 7,000 members logged-in.   What the heck has happened to FMCA?  Everyone died??

Edited by fagnaml

I rarely participate in the FMCA forum anymore and yes it seems to be dying. I spend my time on rvforums.com. It's a relatively new forum but already has 25,000+ members. 

I will continue to keep my membership for the Medi-evac benefit. When that gets dropped I won't have any reason to remain a member.