Sign in to follow this  
ronheb454

Ant Issue

I believe I picked up some ants from a campsite we stayed at last month. I thought they were gone however it seems whenever some food items are not left in sealed container we find ants. I never had this before. What is the best effective way to get rid of them and is their a way to keep them out. I guess too because we had so much rain in the northeast they look for dry ground. I did spray ant spray several times but they are still around. I was thinking of removing everything in the storage compartments and getting some type of bomb. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks much.

Just curious if you used any of the ant products from the web site? I believe I found the nest or home. I was repairing a ground for my lights and I saw a steady steam of ants going across the front frame cross member. It appeared they were all headed for under my chassis battery. I would have never thought to look there. Naturally I sprayed the heck out of them. I will look into purchasing one of the ant killers on the web site to make sure they are gone. Just thought I would pass this on.

Here is the actual brand that I use and have been most successful with. https://pfharris.com/products/ants/ 

I was not at home with the link info on the first response. I also highly recommend their roach tablets also. No I do not have any affiliation with that company, but my brother inlaw was a pest control tech for 20+ years, and he put me onto this.

A product I use at home around the house is called "BUG STOP" it is made by Spectracide. About once a month a spray the perimeter of the house and have no bug issues in the house. I also use it on Fire Ant Beds and it kills them. If an insect crawls across it they die. We found it when we had a bad issue with crickets. I don' know how but it works. I carry a spray jug of it in the coach to spray all my hoses when we park and hookup. 

Just a tidbit I thought I would throw in.

Herman